Kelis Spares Nas Insults for Son's Sake
Singer Kelis has vowed never to speak ill of her ex-husband Nas because she doesn't want their son to read about the former hip-hop supercouple's troubles in the press. The "Milkshake" hitmaker split from rapper Nas last year, just months before she gave birth to baby boy Knight.
The legal battle over spousal and child support turned nasty in the months before their divorce was finalized in May, but Kelis recently revealed the stars had since settled their differences and become "friends". And Kelis has no intention to ever publicly lash out at Nas, for the sake of their child.
She tells the Associated Press, "My kid is the center of my world. I don't leave him ever. I take him with me everywhere. I was married. It didn't work out. The most amazing thing came out of it. I am good with that."
"(Knight) will never read anywhere that I said anything negative about his father. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. Because at the end of the day he needs to know he did come from love."
- P. Diddy Throws Star-Studded Birthday Party for Girlfriend Cassie
- Kim Kardashian Says Kendall Jenner Is Banned by Uber, the Company Responds
- J Balvin Survives Plane Crash in Bahamas
- Luke Cage Reveals the Downside of Being Bulletproof in First Clip
- Justin Bieber and Sofia Richie Jet Off for Romantic Getaway Ahead of MTV VMAs
- Britney Spears Calls 'Carpool Karaoke' With James Corden 'Awkward'
- Taylor Swift Naked Wax Figure Displayed at Kanye West's 'Famous' Art Exhibit
- Tom Hiddleston's Instagram Gets Hacked