Kelis Spares Nas Insults for Son's Sake
Singer Kelis has vowed never to speak ill of her ex-husband Nas because she doesn't want their son to read about the former hip-hop supercouple's troubles in the press. The "Milkshake" hitmaker split from rapper Nas last year, just months before she gave birth to baby boy Knight.
The legal battle over spousal and child support turned nasty in the months before their divorce was finalized in May, but Kelis recently revealed the stars had since settled their differences and become "friends". And Kelis has no intention to ever publicly lash out at Nas, for the sake of their child.
She tells the Associated Press, "My kid is the center of my world. I don't leave him ever. I take him with me everywhere. I was married. It didn't work out. The most amazing thing came out of it. I am good with that."
"(Knight) will never read anywhere that I said anything negative about his father. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. Because at the end of the day he needs to know he did come from love."
- Beyonce 'Never Genuinely Liked' Kim and That's Why Their Husbands' Feud Happens
- Jeremy Irons Reveals 'The Batman' Starts Filming Next Summer, Promises 'More of Alfred'
- Watch Lady GaGa Crowd Surf at Final 'Dive Bar Tour' Show
- Take a Look at Explosive New Trailer for 'Billy Lynn's Long Halftime Walk'
- Kate Beckinsale's Obsession With Penis Landed Her Daughter in Trouble at School
- Another Dig at Zayn Malik? Listen to Little Mix's Catchy New Track 'You Gotta Not'
- Cuteness Overload! Chrissy Teigen Dresses Daughter Luna as Banana, Minnie Mouse and Others
- Daisy Ridley Responds to 'Sexist' Claims That Rey Is Mary Sue in 'The Force Awakens'