Kelis Spares Nas Insults for Son's Sake
Singer Kelis has vowed never to speak ill of her ex-husband Nas because she doesn't want their son to read about the former hip-hop supercouple's troubles in the press. The "Milkshake" hitmaker split from rapper Nas last year, just months before she gave birth to baby boy Knight.
The legal battle over spousal and child support turned nasty in the months before their divorce was finalized in May, but Kelis recently revealed the stars had since settled their differences and become "friends". And Kelis has no intention to ever publicly lash out at Nas, for the sake of their child.
She tells the Associated Press, "My kid is the center of my world. I don't leave him ever. I take him with me everywhere. I was married. It didn't work out. The most amazing thing came out of it. I am good with that."
"(Knight) will never read anywhere that I said anything negative about his father. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. Because at the end of the day he needs to know he did come from love."
- Ed Sheeran Forgets Lyrics During Live Performance
- Watch Second Trailer for 'Justice League'
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?