Kelis Spares Nas Insults for Son's Sake
Singer Kelis has vowed never to speak ill of her ex-husband Nas because she doesn't want their son to read about the former hip-hop supercouple's troubles in the press. The "Milkshake" hitmaker split from rapper Nas last year, just months before she gave birth to baby boy Knight.
The legal battle over spousal and child support turned nasty in the months before their divorce was finalized in May, but Kelis recently revealed the stars had since settled their differences and become "friends". And Kelis has no intention to ever publicly lash out at Nas, for the sake of their child.
She tells the Associated Press, "My kid is the center of my world. I don't leave him ever. I take him with me everywhere. I was married. It didn't work out. The most amazing thing came out of it. I am good with that."
"(Knight) will never read anywhere that I said anything negative about his father. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. Because at the end of the day he needs to know he did come from love."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame