Kelis Spares Nas Insults for Son's Sake
Singer Kelis has vowed never to speak ill of her ex-husband Nas because she doesn't want their son to read about the former hip-hop supercouple's troubles in the press. The "Milkshake" hitmaker split from rapper Nas last year, just months before she gave birth to baby boy Knight.
The legal battle over spousal and child support turned nasty in the months before their divorce was finalized in May, but Kelis recently revealed the stars had since settled their differences and become "friends". And Kelis has no intention to ever publicly lash out at Nas, for the sake of their child.
She tells the Associated Press, "My kid is the center of my world. I don't leave him ever. I take him with me everywhere. I was married. It didn't work out. The most amazing thing came out of it. I am good with that."
"(Knight) will never read anywhere that I said anything negative about his father. It doesn't matter whether it's true or not. Because at the end of the day he needs to know he did come from love."
- Bella Hadid Shows Off Lacy Bra and Flat Tummy in Crop Hoodie
- Jesse Eisenberg Teams Up With Bad Robot for TV Comedy
- Rita Ora Ditches Bra, Shows Her Nipples in See-Through Top
- 'Jurassic World 2' Connection With 'Jurassic Park' Is Revealed
- Kim Kardashian Shares How Paris Robbery Has Changed Her Life
- Vin Diesel Makes Rapping Debut With Nicky Jam at the 2017 Billboard Latin Music Awards
- 'La La Land' Filmmaker Damien Chazelle to Helm Musical-Themed TV Drama
- Sylvester Stallone May Star in More Marvel Films After 'GOTG 2'