Elton John Gives Up Pop Music
Sir Elton John has confirmed he plans to change the way he releases music in future - he is determined to make records that "fit" his age. The "Rocket Man" has reconsidered his career plan now he is in his 60s and has decided to move away from "pop" and concentrate on producing mature albums instead.
He says, "In the '70s, '80s and '90s, the record companies said you had to have a single. I think I've fulfilled my brief. I don't have to make pop records any more. The singles chart is not one I'm going to be in very often any more, so my view is to make records that fit my age."
"I don't think I'm going to do Crocodile Rock any more." The 63 year old's last hit single in his native U.K. came in 2005 with Billy Elliot stage show track "Electricity", which shot to number four in the British singles chart.
More Elton John News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert