Jeremy London Suffers Sleep Deprivation After Kidnapping
Actor Jeremy London still has nightmares about his terrifying kidnapping ordeal last month - and sleeps less than an hour a night. The former "Party of Five" star claims he was taken hostage by a group of men in California after they offered to help him change a tire on his car.
He insists he was held at gunpoint and forced to drive the men around Palm Springs, while the recovering addict also alleges he was forced to "purchase alcohol and use illicit drugs". Police have so far arrested one suspect, 26-year-old Brandon Adams, in connection with the incident, and he has been charged with kidnapping, robbery, possession of stolen property, vehicle theft and carjacking.
But London, 37, is struggling to overcome the turmoil and is kept awake each night recounting the scary events. He tells People magazine, "I sleep less than one hour a night. Every time I try to close my eyes, all this stuff in my head starts back up."
London's claims have been publicly doubted by his twin brother Jason and his mother Debbie Nielsen, who are convinced he is back on drugs and insist he is in need of "serious psychological help". The troubled star admits even he would struggle to believe his kidnap tale if he didn't live through the terror himself, but London is determined not to let his family's attitude get him down for the sake of his young son, Lyrik.
He says, "(The kidnapping story is) outrageous. If I heard somebody saying this, I would probably doubt it as well. (But) I feel like God is testing me to make sure I stay strong for my son. I'm not going to let this destroy me."
Last Thursday, July 1, London lost his request for a restraining order to stop his brother and mum speaking out after a judge rejected the motion on the grounds of freedom of speech.
- 'Full Frontal with Samantha Bee' Resurrects Will Ferrel's Dubya Impersonation in 'Not WHCD'
- Liam Payne and Cheryl's Baby Name Allegedly Revealed
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld and Alessia Cara's Performances at 2017 Radio Disney Music Awards
- Are They Splitting Up? Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Thompson Have 'Explosive' Fights
- 'Fate of the Furious' Stays Atop Box Office for Third Consecutive Weekend, Passes $1B Worlwide
- 'Last Ship' Halts Production as Eric Dane Battles Depression
- Little Mix, Justin Bieber and Bruno Mars Among Winners at Radio Disney Music Awards 2017
- Radio Disney Music Awards 2017: Noah Cyrus, Camila Cabello and Sabrina Carpenter Stun on Red Carpet