Colin Farrell Dismissed Rumor He's Cast as Ozzy Osbourne
Colin Farrell's publicist has spoken out to dismiss rumors the Irish actor is preparing to play wild rocker Ozzy Osbourne in a big screen biopic. The former Black Sabbath frontman and his music manager wife Sharon Osbourne are keen to transform the rocker's colorful past into a movie, and the rock matriarch has spoken of her desire to cast Johnny Depp in the lead role.
Osbourne recently admitted he would prefer an unknown actor from his native Birmingham, England to land the part - but online reports suggested fellow reformed wildman Farrell had signed up to play the Prince of Darkness. However, the "Phone Booth" hunk's spokesperson has quickly denied the speculation, telling GossipCop.com the rumour is "not true".
Farrell is now in filming process of "Horrible Bosses" which revolves around three friends who decide to whack their abusive "superiors" in a desperate bid for happiness. Slated to arrive in theaters across the U.S. on July 29, 2011, the movie is also starring Jennifer Aniston and Jamie Foxx.
More Colin Farrell News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences