Colin Farrell Dismissed Rumor He's Cast as Ozzy Osbourne
Colin Farrell's publicist has spoken out to dismiss rumors the Irish actor is preparing to play wild rocker Ozzy Osbourne in a big screen biopic. The former Black Sabbath frontman and his music manager wife Sharon Osbourne are keen to transform the rocker's colorful past into a movie, and the rock matriarch has spoken of her desire to cast Johnny Depp in the lead role.
Osbourne recently admitted he would prefer an unknown actor from his native Birmingham, England to land the part - but online reports suggested fellow reformed wildman Farrell had signed up to play the Prince of Darkness. However, the "Phone Booth" hunk's spokesperson has quickly denied the speculation, telling GossipCop.com the rumour is "not true".
Farrell is now in filming process of "Horrible Bosses" which revolves around three friends who decide to whack their abusive "superiors" in a desperate bid for happiness. Slated to arrive in theaters across the U.S. on July 29, 2011, the movie is also starring Jennifer Aniston and Jamie Foxx.
More Colin Farrell News
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake