Colin Farrell Dismissed Rumor He's Cast as Ozzy Osbourne
Colin Farrell's publicist has spoken out to dismiss rumors the Irish actor is preparing to play wild rocker Ozzy Osbourne in a big screen biopic. The former Black Sabbath frontman and his music manager wife Sharon Osbourne are keen to transform the rocker's colorful past into a movie, and the rock matriarch has spoken of her desire to cast Johnny Depp in the lead role.
Osbourne recently admitted he would prefer an unknown actor from his native Birmingham, England to land the part - but online reports suggested fellow reformed wildman Farrell had signed up to play the Prince of Darkness. However, the "Phone Booth" hunk's spokesperson has quickly denied the speculation, telling GossipCop.com the rumour is "not true".
Farrell is now in filming process of "Horrible Bosses" which revolves around three friends who decide to whack their abusive "superiors" in a desperate bid for happiness. Slated to arrive in theaters across the U.S. on July 29, 2011, the movie is also starring Jennifer Aniston and Jamie Foxx.
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance