Cheryl Cole's Condition Is 'A Lot More Serious'
Cheryl Cole's future on "The X Factor" has been thrown into doubt after her publicist confirmed the British singer's condition is "a lot more serious" than first feared. The Girls Aloud star was diagnosed with deadly disease malaria at the weekend after she collapsed at a photoshoot in London.
Cole was admitted to hospital and has now been transferred to a specialist unit for the treatment of tropical diseases. The singer's spokesperson has told Britain's The Sun that Cole's condition is a lot worse than originally presumed - and reports suggest it could take her months to overcome the mosquito-borne illness.
The rep tells the publication, "It is a lot more serious than first thought. Everyone thought she would pull through after 24 hours but there have been no signs of improvement. She is very ill and will not be out of hospital for a while. Everyone is holding their breath. Because of her hectic schedule, the malaria has really taken a hold. She has not got the physical strength to beat it. She is going to need all of her... grit to win this battle."
Cole is believed to have picked up the disease during a June trip to Africa with professional dancer Derek Hough, who is reportedly in the U.K. to support the star through her health battle. It is not known when Cole will be able to resume her judging duties on Simon Cowell's hit U.K. TV talent show.
- Lady GaGa Hits Recording Studio With BloodPop, Mark Ronson and Kevin Parker
- Derek Hough Confirms He's Back on 'Dancing with the Stars', Cheryl Burke Also Returns
- Ruby Rose Splits From Girlfriend Harley Gusman
- Ariana Grande Kisses Mac Miller and Sits on His Lap at VMAs After-Party
- Justin Bieber Wins 8 Titles in Guinness World Records 2017 Edition
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Poses Completely Naked for Paper Magazine
- Sharon Osbourne Faces Backlash After Undergoing Plastic Surgery for Her Ageless Look
- At Rob Lowe Roast, Ann Coulter Ends Up on the Receiving End of Comics' Jabs