Cheryl Cole's Condition Is 'A Lot More Serious'
Cheryl Cole's future on "The X Factor" has been thrown into doubt after her publicist confirmed the British singer's condition is "a lot more serious" than first feared. The Girls Aloud star was diagnosed with deadly disease malaria at the weekend after she collapsed at a photoshoot in London.
Cole was admitted to hospital and has now been transferred to a specialist unit for the treatment of tropical diseases. The singer's spokesperson has told Britain's The Sun that Cole's condition is a lot worse than originally presumed - and reports suggest it could take her months to overcome the mosquito-borne illness.
The rep tells the publication, "It is a lot more serious than first thought. Everyone thought she would pull through after 24 hours but there have been no signs of improvement. She is very ill and will not be out of hospital for a while. Everyone is holding their breath. Because of her hectic schedule, the malaria has really taken a hold. She has not got the physical strength to beat it. She is going to need all of her... grit to win this battle."
Cole is believed to have picked up the disease during a June trip to Africa with professional dancer Derek Hough, who is reportedly in the U.K. to support the star through her health battle. It is not known when Cole will be able to resume her judging duties on Simon Cowell's hit U.K. TV talent show.
- Kylie Jenner Teases Her Secret Project in Seductive Instagram Photos
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 8 Could Have More Than Six Episodes
- Alec Baldwin, Mark Ruffalo and Michael Moore Stage a Star-Studded Anti-Trump Protest in NYC
- 'Good Behavior' Gets Season 2 Renewal
- Hailee Steinfeld Confirms Her Return for 'Pitch Perfect 3'
- Jenna Dewan Having 'Big Fight' With Channing Tatum Over Her Nude Photo
- Katy Perry Goes Blonde as She Throws Surprise Birthday Bash for Orlando Bloom
- Ariana Grande Flaunts Her Slender Body in Pics to Tease Her Upcoming Tour