Cheryl Cole's Condition Is 'A Lot More Serious'
Cheryl Cole's future on "The X Factor" has been thrown into doubt after her publicist confirmed the British singer's condition is "a lot more serious" than first feared. The Girls Aloud star was diagnosed with deadly disease malaria at the weekend after she collapsed at a photoshoot in London.
Cole was admitted to hospital and has now been transferred to a specialist unit for the treatment of tropical diseases. The singer's spokesperson has told Britain's The Sun that Cole's condition is a lot worse than originally presumed - and reports suggest it could take her months to overcome the mosquito-borne illness.
The rep tells the publication, "It is a lot more serious than first thought. Everyone thought she would pull through after 24 hours but there have been no signs of improvement. She is very ill and will not be out of hospital for a while. Everyone is holding their breath. Because of her hectic schedule, the malaria has really taken a hold. She has not got the physical strength to beat it. She is going to need all of her... grit to win this battle."
Cole is believed to have picked up the disease during a June trip to Africa with professional dancer Derek Hough, who is reportedly in the U.K. to support the star through her health battle. It is not known when Cole will be able to resume her judging duties on Simon Cowell's hit U.K. TV talent show.
More Cheryl Cole News
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences