Ringo Starr Makes 'Peace and Love' Global Plea as He Turns 70
Ringo Starr has a dream in which fans all around the world chant for 'peace and love' on his birthday. The rocker has been asking fans to take a moment to throw up their V-signs and ask for peace and love at noon on his birthday since 2008 and this year he's hoping there will be an extra special effort, as he celebrates his 70th.
He has already made his plea in a video on his website, but he's really hoping the idea catches on and there's a global plea for peace and love. Starr tells the New York Times, "I just pray that you'll put your fingers up and say, 'Peace and love'. I did it two years ago, it was the first time, and I did it out of Chicago because I was on tour."
"This year, we're playing Radio City, so we're doing it in New York. In Japan there were little get-togethers and it went worldwide, so that was great. I have a fantasy that everyone around the world will do it... I think the more we promote it, the more chance we have of getting it."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers