Whoopi Goldberg to Return to 'Sister Act'
Whoopi Goldberg has had a religious promotion - she's in talks to return to the stage as the Mother Superior in London musical "Sister Act". The actress-turned-U.S. TV personality played Doloris and Sister Mary Clarence in the 1992 movie and its sequel the following year and now she's slated to take on the role portrayed by Dame Maggie Smith in the film.
Goldberg will reportedly join the cast of the West End show for the production's final run in October. The actress is the co-producer of the musical, which is set to transfer to Broadway.
"Sister Act" made a box-office success. A year after it was released in 1992, Whoopi Goldberg and the movie "nuns" were given honor to perform at a Democratic fundraiser for Bill Clinton. The sequel of the movie also scored the same success in box office. Beside playing in the two films, Goldberg also sang soundtracks for the projects.
More Whoopi Goldberg News
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones
- Scarlett Johansson Is the Highest-Grossing Actress of All Time
- Real Reason Why Caitlyn Jenner Didn't Attend Khloe Kardashian's Birthday Party Revealed
- Ariel Winter Goes Naked in the Bathtub Days After Breakup
- 'Preacher' Gets Expanded Season 2, '12 Monkeys' Is Renewed for Season 3
- Iggy Azalea Dumped Nick Young After Finding Out He Impregnated His Ex Again
- Kylie Jenner and Blac Chyna's Feud Ends. Stars Become 'Close' Friends Now
- Miles Teller Has Halo Screwed to His Skull in 'Bleed for This' Trailer