Whoopi Goldberg to Return to 'Sister Act'
Whoopi Goldberg has had a religious promotion - she's in talks to return to the stage as the Mother Superior in London musical "Sister Act". The actress-turned-U.S. TV personality played Doloris and Sister Mary Clarence in the 1992 movie and its sequel the following year and now she's slated to take on the role portrayed by Dame Maggie Smith in the film.
Goldberg will reportedly join the cast of the West End show for the production's final run in October. The actress is the co-producer of the musical, which is set to transfer to Broadway.
"Sister Act" made a box-office success. A year after it was released in 1992, Whoopi Goldberg and the movie "nuns" were given honor to perform at a Democratic fundraiser for Bill Clinton. The sequel of the movie also scored the same success in box office. Beside playing in the two films, Goldberg also sang soundtracks for the projects.
- P. Diddy Squashes Breakup Rumors With a Super Sweet Birthday Message for Cassie
- Does 'American Horror Story' Reveal the Murder Weapon in This New Season 6 Teaser?
- Taylor Swift Sports Bigger Breasts in Tight Crop-Top. Did She Really Get a Boob Job?
- Get Your First Glimpse of Tom Hardy in Christopher Nolan's WWII Film 'Dunkirk'
- Miley Cyrus Sports New Gold Band on Ring Finger. Is She Secretly Married to Liam Hemsworth?
- Jennifer Lopez Posts Cryptic Message After Breakup as Casper Smart Is Reportedly Still in Denial
- Is Britney Spears' 'Glory' Track 'Liar' About Ex Justin Timberlake?
- Donald Glover Addresses Lando Casting Rumor in Han Solo Movie