Whoopi Goldberg to Return to 'Sister Act'
Whoopi Goldberg has had a religious promotion - she's in talks to return to the stage as the Mother Superior in London musical "Sister Act". The actress-turned-U.S. TV personality played Doloris and Sister Mary Clarence in the 1992 movie and its sequel the following year and now she's slated to take on the role portrayed by Dame Maggie Smith in the film.
Goldberg will reportedly join the cast of the West End show for the production's final run in October. The actress is the co-producer of the musical, which is set to transfer to Broadway.
"Sister Act" made a box-office success. A year after it was released in 1992, Whoopi Goldberg and the movie "nuns" were given honor to perform at a Democratic fundraiser for Bill Clinton. The sequel of the movie also scored the same success in box office. Beside playing in the two films, Goldberg also sang soundtracks for the projects.
- 'Celebrity Apprentice' Recap: Mixed-Up Teams and Nude Photo Shoot
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Backstreet Boys' Performance, a 'Nickathlon' and a Zero Gravity Date
- See Margot Robbie's Drastic Transformation to Portray Tonya Harding
- Green Day Roasts Donald Trump in 'Troubled Times' Lyric Video
- New Couple Alert! Suki Waterhouse and 'Rogue One' Star Diego Luna Caught Getting Handsy in Mexico
- Kourtney Kardashian Is Still 'Serious' About Scott Disick Despite Reunion With Justin Bieber
- Mariah Carey and Elton John Rake in Millions of Dollars From Russian Billionaire Heiress' Wedding
- Armie Hammer and Elizabeth Chambers Welcome Baby No. 2