Whoopi Goldberg to Return to 'Sister Act'
Whoopi Goldberg has had a religious promotion - she's in talks to return to the stage as the Mother Superior in London musical "Sister Act". The actress-turned-U.S. TV personality played Doloris and Sister Mary Clarence in the 1992 movie and its sequel the following year and now she's slated to take on the role portrayed by Dame Maggie Smith in the film.
Goldberg will reportedly join the cast of the West End show for the production's final run in October. The actress is the co-producer of the musical, which is set to transfer to Broadway.
"Sister Act" made a box-office success. A year after it was released in 1992, Whoopi Goldberg and the movie "nuns" were given honor to perform at a Democratic fundraiser for Bill Clinton. The sequel of the movie also scored the same success in box office. Beside playing in the two films, Goldberg also sang soundtracks for the projects.
- Bye 'KUWTK'! Kim Kardashian Is Focusing on Her New Show 'Glam Masters'
- Report: Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Are Getting Serious
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Are Spotted on Movie Date in Chicago
- Mac Miller Wants to Cancel His Tour to Be by Ariana Grande's Side After Concert Bombing
- 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi' New Vanity Fair Covers Offer New Look at Cast Members
- Jennifer Lopez Shares Sweet Picture With Alex Rodriguez, Dubs Him Her Man Crush
- Jimmy Kimmel Predicts Rachel Lindsay's 'The Bachelorette' Final 3
- Rain and Kim Tae Hee Are Expecting Their First Child