Whoopi Goldberg to Return to 'Sister Act'
Whoopi Goldberg has had a religious promotion - she's in talks to return to the stage as the Mother Superior in London musical "Sister Act". The actress-turned-U.S. TV personality played Doloris and Sister Mary Clarence in the 1992 movie and its sequel the following year and now she's slated to take on the role portrayed by Dame Maggie Smith in the film.
Goldberg will reportedly join the cast of the West End show for the production's final run in October. The actress is the co-producer of the musical, which is set to transfer to Broadway.
"Sister Act" made a box-office success. A year after it was released in 1992, Whoopi Goldberg and the movie "nuns" were given honor to perform at a Democratic fundraiser for Bill Clinton. The sequel of the movie also scored the same success in box office. Beside playing in the two films, Goldberg also sang soundtracks for the projects.
- CBS Renews 16 Series for 2017-2018 Season - Find Out Which Show Makes the Cut
- Rihanna Is Reportedly Not Surprised With Drake's New Sade Tattoo. Find Out Why
- It's Finally Here! Zayn Malik Releases New Single 'Still Got Time' Ft. PARTYNEXTDOOR
- Mariah Carey Plans to Throw More 'Subtle Shade' at Nicki Minaj
- Report: Generous George Clooney Under FBI Investigation for Money Laundering
- 'Justice League' Character Posters and Teasers Are Out, First Trailer Will Be Released Soon
- 'Twin Peaks' Revival: First Photos and Details Are Revealed
- FOX's' X-Men' Pilot 'Gifted' Unveils First BTS Photo Featuring Amy Acker