Angie Harmon Planned to Quit Acting Before Offered 'Rizzoli and Isles'
Former "Law & Order" star Angie Harmon had secret plans to retire from the small screen earlier this year - until a script for new U.S. cop drama "Rizzoli & Isles" landed on her doorstep. Harmon, who is married and shares three daughters with former American football star Jason Sehorn, admits she wanted to move away from Hollywood to focus on her family life.
But her plans were put on hold when she was offered a role on the TNT network's new crime series, about the only female detective on the homicide squad in Boston, Massachusetts. She tells the New York Daily News, "Right when I'd made my decision to go, this script was literally on my doorstep the next day."
"I've always said if I'm going back to television, it's going to be on cable, because you have so much more creative freedom. You can be scarier, you can be sexier, you can be funnier, and you shoot five months a year so the rest of the time you can be a mommy."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival