Angie Harmon Planned to Quit Acting Before Offered 'Rizzoli and Isles'
Former "Law & Order" star Angie Harmon had secret plans to retire from the small screen earlier this year - until a script for new U.S. cop drama "Rizzoli & Isles" landed on her doorstep. Harmon, who is married and shares three daughters with former American football star Jason Sehorn, admits she wanted to move away from Hollywood to focus on her family life.
But her plans were put on hold when she was offered a role on the TNT network's new crime series, about the only female detective on the homicide squad in Boston, Massachusetts. She tells the New York Daily News, "Right when I'd made my decision to go, this script was literally on my doorstep the next day."
"I've always said if I'm going back to television, it's going to be on cable, because you have so much more creative freedom. You can be scarier, you can be sexier, you can be funnier, and you shoot five months a year so the rest of the time you can be a mommy."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri