Moonspell Immortalized in Portugese Stamp
Veteran metal rockers Moonspell have been immortalized on a commemorative postage stamp in the band's native Portugal. Sets of stamps are being printed by the Portuguese Postal Service (CTT, Correios de Portugal) featuring the artwork from the band's 1995 album "Wolfheart", dubbing it one of the most significant rock records from the country.
The stamp, which costs one euro ($1.30), will be launched on July 19 and Moonspell vocalist, Fernando Ribeiro, admits the honour is a fitting one. He tells Blabbermouth.net: "Being that the whole of our career kick-started as penfriends and tapetraders, we could not think of a more perfect and suitable distinction."
In another news, the rock band is prepping the release of their new studio album which may be in stores in 2011. Ribeiro said the materials are "the most exciting, sexiest, darkest, heaviest and catchiest stuff we've written in ages!"
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!