Lindsay Lohan Served With Another Lawsuit Before DUI Hearing
Lindsay Lohan was slapped with a new lawsuit on Tuesday, July 6 as she prepared to face a California judge for a probation violation hearing - the actress was served with papers stemming from an allegedly unpaid boutique bill.
The "Mean Girls" star showed up in court in Los Angeles early on Tuesday for the hearing, which determined whether or not she remains free on probation stemming from her 2007 arrest for driving under the influence (DUI). But her legal troubles only continued to mount when a process server cornered Lohan in the courthouse elevator and attempted to hand her papers for the new suit.
The actress is accused of failing to settle a $17, 060 bill for clothing, jewelery and accessories she is said to have purchased from Church Boutique in Los Angeles. Store owners David Malvaney and Rodney Burns claim Lohan has only paid $180 of the invoice, built up from shopping sprees taken between November, 2009 and February this year.
In the legal documents, the plaintiffs insist they would not have let Lohan take the items if they knew she had "no intention" of paying. The papers state: "Plaintiff's reliance on Lohan's representations (that her business manager would take care of it) were justified due to the celebrity of Lohan and her well-known status as a movie actress with substantial income."
Malvaney and Burns have accused Lohan of committing premeditated fraud and are seeking to recuperate the balance, plus interest and punitive damages, reports TMZ.com. According to the website, Lohan refused to take the papers from the process server and demanded her assistants get him away from her, prompting the legal worker to drop the documents at her feet.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding