Cheryl Cole Hospitalized After Fainting at 'The X Factor' Photoshoot
A representative for Cheryl Cole has confirmed the British singer has been admitted to hospital and is currently undergoing treatment for malaria. The Girls Aloud star sparked fears for her health on Saturday, July 3 after she collapsed during a photoshoot in London and canceled all her work commitments for the next week.
Initial reports pointed towards exhaustion or a stomach virus, but a spokesman for the star has now revealed her condition is much more serious. Cole was taken to a London hospital on Sunday, July 4 and is being treated for malaria, a mosquito-borne disease which she is believed to have picked up during a recent trip to Africa.
The rep tells Sky News, "Cheryl Cole is currently in hospital, being treated for malaria."
- Despite Chipped Tooth and Skin Rash, Kim Kardashian Has Lots of Fun at Las Vegas Party
- Comic-Con: Brie Larson Officially Named Captain Marvel
- Comic-Con: 'The Vampire Diaries' Announced to End With Season 8. How Fans React?
- After Breaking Down on Stage, Selena Gomez Posts Cryptic Message on Instagram
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers