Cheryl Cole Hospitalized After Fainting at 'The X Factor' Photoshoot
A representative for Cheryl Cole has confirmed the British singer has been admitted to hospital and is currently undergoing treatment for malaria. The Girls Aloud star sparked fears for her health on Saturday, July 3 after she collapsed during a photoshoot in London and canceled all her work commitments for the next week.
Initial reports pointed towards exhaustion or a stomach virus, but a spokesman for the star has now revealed her condition is much more serious. Cole was taken to a London hospital on Sunday, July 4 and is being treated for malaria, a mosquito-borne disease which she is believed to have picked up during a recent trip to Africa.
The rep tells Sky News, "Cheryl Cole is currently in hospital, being treated for malaria."
More Cheryl Cole News
- 'Ghostbusters' Cast Show Off the New Gadgets in Latest Featurette
- HBO Officially Confirms Jon Snow's True Parentage With This 'Game of Thrones' Infographic
- New 'Star Trek Beyond' Character Poster Shows Jaylah on Cap's Chair
- Lady GaGa and Taylor Kinney's Wedding Plan Reportedly Shelved Because of This
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Make Out in Rome, Fans Say Their Romance Is 'Staged'
- Watch James Van Der Beek Channel Diplo to Promote Mad Decent Block Party
- Jessica Simpson Reportedly Hires 'Homely' Nannies Because She Fears Her Husband Will Cheat on Her
- Your Favorite 'Nashville' Stars Are Returning for Season 5. Find Out Which Ones