Lindsay Lohan Gets Support From Estranged Father
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is planning to defend his daughter in court if a judge decides to send the actress to jail - he has vowed to fight to make sure she doesn't end up behind bars. The "Mean Girls" star is due back in court in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 6 where a judge will determine whether she has broken her probation stemming from a drink-driving conviction in 2007.
Lohan was ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet in May as part of her probation, and faces six months in jail if she is found to have broken any condition of the agreement. But her father Michael is adamant he will stand up for his daughter in court if the judge rules against her - insisting the actress, who he claims has a prescription pill addiction, does not belong in prison.
He tells the New York Daily News, "I'll be there to support Lindsay. And if the judge wants to give her jail time, I'll say that's not what she needs. Recidivism is so high when someone who has a drug problem goes to jail. As long as there are prescription drugs in the mix, she'll never be 100 per cent and have her career back. She can get off them with proper treatment, not jail."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Alex Rodriguez Bans J.Lo From Talking to Ex Casper Smart
- 'KUWTK': Lisa Rinna's Family to Replace the Kardashians
- Selena Gomez Fears Run-In With Ex Justin Bieber at 2017 Billboard Music Awards
- Find Out Why Kim and Kourtney Kardashian Bans Kanye West From Mexican Trip
- Report: Angelina Jolie Is Using Black Magic to Get Revenge From Brad Pitt
- Khloe Kardashian Claims Lamar Odom's New Romance Is Only a Way to Get Her Attention
- Mila Kunis Gives Her Parents a Surprise Home Makeover
- 'The Flash' 3.20 Promo: Savitar Will Be Unmasked in 'I Know Who You Are'