Lindsay Lohan Gets Support From Estranged Father
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is planning to defend his daughter in court if a judge decides to send the actress to jail - he has vowed to fight to make sure she doesn't end up behind bars. The "Mean Girls" star is due back in court in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 6 where a judge will determine whether she has broken her probation stemming from a drink-driving conviction in 2007.
Lohan was ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet in May as part of her probation, and faces six months in jail if she is found to have broken any condition of the agreement. But her father Michael is adamant he will stand up for his daughter in court if the judge rules against her - insisting the actress, who he claims has a prescription pill addiction, does not belong in prison.
He tells the New York Daily News, "I'll be there to support Lindsay. And if the judge wants to give her jail time, I'll say that's not what she needs. Recidivism is so high when someone who has a drug problem goes to jail. As long as there are prescription drugs in the mix, she'll never be 100 per cent and have her career back. She can get off them with proper treatment, not jail."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Gilmore Girls: A Year in the Life' Gets First Teaser and Premiere Date
- Jennifer Garner and Ben Affleck '100 Percent Still Separated' Amid Reconciliation Rumors
- Miranda Lambert's Rep Shoots Down Pregnancy Rumors
- Watch Star-Studded Performance of 'What the World Needs Now Is Love' at DNC
- 'Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children' Featurette Brings Out the Poetic World
- Keshia Knight Pulliam Accuses Her Husband of Cheating While Tearfully Talking About Divorce
- Beyonce Is Reported to Perform at 2016 MTV VMAs
- George and Amal Clooney Are Reportedly Expecting First Child