Lindsay Lohan Gets Support From Estranged Father
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is planning to defend his daughter in court if a judge decides to send the actress to jail - he has vowed to fight to make sure she doesn't end up behind bars. The "Mean Girls" star is due back in court in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 6 where a judge will determine whether she has broken her probation stemming from a drink-driving conviction in 2007.
Lohan was ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet in May as part of her probation, and faces six months in jail if she is found to have broken any condition of the agreement. But her father Michael is adamant he will stand up for his daughter in court if the judge rules against her - insisting the actress, who he claims has a prescription pill addiction, does not belong in prison.
He tells the New York Daily News, "I'll be there to support Lindsay. And if the judge wants to give her jail time, I'll say that's not what she needs. Recidivism is so high when someone who has a drug problem goes to jail. As long as there are prescription drugs in the mix, she'll never be 100 per cent and have her career back. She can get off them with proper treatment, not jail."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie