Lindsay Lohan Gets Support From Estranged Father
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is planning to defend his daughter in court if a judge decides to send the actress to jail - he has vowed to fight to make sure she doesn't end up behind bars. The "Mean Girls" star is due back in court in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 6 where a judge will determine whether she has broken her probation stemming from a drink-driving conviction in 2007.
Lohan was ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet in May as part of her probation, and faces six months in jail if she is found to have broken any condition of the agreement. But her father Michael is adamant he will stand up for his daughter in court if the judge rules against her - insisting the actress, who he claims has a prescription pill addiction, does not belong in prison.
He tells the New York Daily News, "I'll be there to support Lindsay. And if the judge wants to give her jail time, I'll say that's not what she needs. Recidivism is so high when someone who has a drug problem goes to jail. As long as there are prescription drugs in the mix, she'll never be 100 per cent and have her career back. She can get off them with proper treatment, not jail."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- 'Westworld' Star Responds to the Man in Black Theories
- Kylie Jenner Has a Good Reason Why She Mistook a Pig for a Chicken in Viral Clip
- 'The Walking Dead' 7.02 Sneak Peeks: Rick Relinquishes Control, Andrea Tours the Kingdom
- Kanye West Vows to Boycott Grammys if Frank Ocean Isn't Nominated
- See President Obama Joining Usher, Janelle Monae and More to Dance to Drake's 'Hotline Bling'
- New Look at Dafne Keen as X-23 in 'Logan' Uncovered
- Report: Chris Hemsworth and Elsa Pataky Are on the Verge of Divorce
- Kings of Leon Scores First No. 1 Album on Billboard 200 With 'Walls'