Lindsay Lohan Gets Support From Estranged Father
Lindsay Lohan's father Michael is planning to defend his daughter in court if a judge decides to send the actress to jail - he has vowed to fight to make sure she doesn't end up behind bars. The "Mean Girls" star is due back in court in Los Angeles on Tuesday, July 6 where a judge will determine whether she has broken her probation stemming from a drink-driving conviction in 2007.
Lohan was ordered to wear an alcohol-monitoring ankle bracelet in May as part of her probation, and faces six months in jail if she is found to have broken any condition of the agreement. But her father Michael is adamant he will stand up for his daughter in court if the judge rules against her - insisting the actress, who he claims has a prescription pill addiction, does not belong in prison.
He tells the New York Daily News, "I'll be there to support Lindsay. And if the judge wants to give her jail time, I'll say that's not what she needs. Recidivism is so high when someone who has a drug problem goes to jail. As long as there are prescription drugs in the mix, she'll never be 100 per cent and have her career back. She can get off them with proper treatment, not jail."
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Halle Berry Skinny-Dipping in the Night After Oscars. Watch the Video!
- Courtney Stodden Exposes Her Nipple in Racy Corset Dress While Attending Oscars Party
- Nicki Minaj Wears Skimpy Bodysuit on Set of New Music Video
- 'Biggest Loser' Trainer Bob Harper's Back at Home After Suffering Heart Attack: 'I'm Feeling Better'
- Here's Why Jennifer Aniston's Oscars Gown Looks Familiar: It Was First Worn by Jennifer Lopez
- Mahershala Ali to Play Two Roles in 'Alita: Battle Angel'
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2': Drax Annoys the Gang in New Trailer Preview
- Katy Perry Accidentally Flashes Her Bare Butt as She Reunites With Orlando Bloom at Oscars Party