Prince 'Freaked Out' Fans When Knocking on Doors as Jehovah's Witness
Religious singer Prince often dons a disguise when he embarks on door-to-door preaching campaigns in a bid to stop fans recognizing him. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker famously became a Jehovah's Witness in 2001, and admits he often "freaked out" householders when he arrived on their doorstep to talk about his faith.
But Prince now changes his appearance so his superstar status is not detected. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "Sometimes people act surprised but mostly they're really cool about it... My hair is capable of doing a lot of different things. I don't always look like this."
And the star's mentor, former Sly & The Family Stone star Larry Graham, admits Prince has become so interested in the word of God, he can pore over details of the Bible for up to eight hours every day. He says, "Prince is a spiritual man. Sometimes we study for hours - six, seven, eight hours a day. We sit down and get into the scriptures."
More Prince News
- Khloe Kardashian Sparks Engagement Rumors After Spotted With Diamond Ring
- 'The Foreigner' Trailer: Jackie Chan Get Revenge on Pierce Brosnan
- Kourtney Kardashian and Younes Bendjima Call It Quits
- Alleged Selena Gomez and Justin Bieber Collab 'Steal Our Love' Leaks Online
- New Couple Alert? Katy Perry and Chris Martin Are Spotted Holding Hands
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed