Prince 'Freaked Out' Fans When Knocking on Doors as Jehovah's Witness
Religious singer Prince often dons a disguise when he embarks on door-to-door preaching campaigns in a bid to stop fans recognizing him. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker famously became a Jehovah's Witness in 2001, and admits he often "freaked out" householders when he arrived on their doorstep to talk about his faith.
But Prince now changes his appearance so his superstar status is not detected. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "Sometimes people act surprised but mostly they're really cool about it... My hair is capable of doing a lot of different things. I don't always look like this."
And the star's mentor, former Sly & The Family Stone star Larry Graham, admits Prince has become so interested in the word of God, he can pore over details of the Bible for up to eight hours every day. He says, "Prince is a spiritual man. Sometimes we study for hours - six, seven, eight hours a day. We sit down and get into the scriptures."
More Prince News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris