Prince 'Freaked Out' Fans When Knocking on Doors as Jehovah's Witness
Religious singer Prince often dons a disguise when he embarks on door-to-door preaching campaigns in a bid to stop fans recognizing him. The "Purple Rain" hitmaker famously became a Jehovah's Witness in 2001, and admits he often "freaked out" householders when he arrived on their doorstep to talk about his faith.
But Prince now changes his appearance so his superstar status is not detected. He tells Britain's Daily Mirror, "Sometimes people act surprised but mostly they're really cool about it... My hair is capable of doing a lot of different things. I don't always look like this."
And the star's mentor, former Sly & The Family Stone star Larry Graham, admits Prince has become so interested in the word of God, he can pore over details of the Bible for up to eight hours every day. He says, "Prince is a spiritual man. Sometimes we study for hours - six, seven, eight hours a day. We sit down and get into the scriptures."
More Prince News
- Cara Delevingne Goes Bottomless to Raise Awareness for Cancer. See the Racy Snap
- Kim and Kourtney Throw Pampering Session for Khloe Kardashian Following Her Second Divorce Filing
- Listen to The Weeknd and Cashmere Cat's 'Wild Love' Collab
- Robert Zemeckis Developing Noah's Ark in Space for NBC
- Kylie Jenner Flashes Her Bra Like Kendall After Denying Boob Job Rumors
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna Put Their Wedding on Hold. Find Out Why!
- Usher Releases Two New Tracks Off 'Hard II Love'
- Rihanna Gets the Biggest Gift Ever From Drake in Honor of Her VMAs Win