Lily Allen's Gig Drew In Madonna, Beyonce and More
Lily Allen stepped out of the spotlight in style by opening for Jay-Z at Sunday, July 4 Wireless music festival in London in front of a star-studded crowd including Madonna, Beyonce Knowles and Gwyneth Paltrow.
The "Smile" hitmaker is taking a break from pop to concentrate on starting a family with her lover Sam Cooper, but was persuaded to perform at the event in the British capital's Hyde Park by the "99 Problems" rapper. And Allen thanked fans for their raucous reaction to her set, saying, "I appreciate that you were jumping up and down because this is probably my last gig in London for some time."
She also dedicated her song "Who'd Have Known" to Cooper, before declaring her love for the businessman - prompting boos from revellers. Allen quickly retorted, "Don't boo him you meanies... This one's for you baby!"
In the audience, Beyonce turned out to support her hip-hop superstar husband with actress Paltrow, while the "Iron Man" star's best pal Madonna watched the gigs with daughter Lourdes. Allen still has one more performance left this summer at the Benicassim Festival in Spain on July 18.
- 'Lion King' Gets a Remake From Disney and Jon Favreau
- Robin Hood Confirmed to Return for 'Once Upon a Time' Season 6
- New David Bowie Greatest Hits Album Announced
- The Flash Reunites With Jay Garrick, Teams Up With Tom Felton's Character in Season 3 Photos
- 'Doctor Strange' IMAX Trailer Unveils Avengers Ties. Also Get Details About Rachel McAdams' Role
- Donald Trump on Former Miss Universe Alicia Machado He Once Called 'Miss Piggy': She's 'the Worst'
- Amy Schumer Is First Woman to Make Forbes' List of Highest-Paid Comedians
- Justin Bieber Blows Snots on Concertgoers After Telling Fans They 'Suck'