Mike Tyson Goes on Pilgrimage to Mecca
Retired boxing legend Mike Tyson has reportedly embarked on a pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca. The sportsman, who converted to Islam during a jail stint in the 1990s, arrived in the Saudi Arabian city of Medina on Friday, July 2 and plans to visit the sacred spot on his tour of the country, according to the AFP.
Mecca is visited by an estimated 13 million Muslims every year as they make pilgrimages to the revered religious landmark.
Tyson, 44, turned to the religion while serving a 10-year prison sentence, later reduced to three years, for sexually assaulting beauty queen Desiree Washington in 1991. He recently admitted that he is "totally destitute and broke" after years of excessive spending, but still has "an awesome life" with his wife and kids.
- Police Found No Evidence of Physical Abuse in Amber Heard's Case
- Phil Lord and Chris Miller's 'Spider-Man' Movie May Feature Miles Morales
- Colton Haynes Bares His Butt in This Racy Instagram Photo
- Heidi Klum Declares She 'Won't Get Married Again'
- Rainn Wilson Says Johnny Depp 'Is a Wife Beater'
- Does Tyga Really Owe Kylie Jenner $2 Million?
- 'Pretty Little Liars' Star Teases Jenna's Return: 'I'm in Most of the Season'
- Victoria's Secret Angels Give Justin Timberlake's 'Can't Stop the Feeling' Hotter Music Video