Mike Tyson Goes on Pilgrimage to Mecca
Retired boxing legend Mike Tyson has reportedly embarked on a pilgrimage to the holy city of Mecca. The sportsman, who converted to Islam during a jail stint in the 1990s, arrived in the Saudi Arabian city of Medina on Friday, July 2 and plans to visit the sacred spot on his tour of the country, according to the AFP.
Mecca is visited by an estimated 13 million Muslims every year as they make pilgrimages to the revered religious landmark.
Tyson, 44, turned to the religion while serving a 10-year prison sentence, later reduced to three years, for sexually assaulting beauty queen Desiree Washington in 1991. He recently admitted that he is "totally destitute and broke" after years of excessive spending, but still has "an awesome life" with his wife and kids.
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama
- 'NCIS' Showrunner Gary Glasberg Dies in His Sleep, the Show 'Will Not Be the Same Without Him'
- Idris Elba Teams Up With Pickpocket to Take on Terrorists in New 'The Take' Trailer
- Arrow Meets Supergirl in New Teaser of Upcoming Crossover
- Benedict Cumberbatch Interviews Tom Hiddleston and Refuses to Ask Him About Taylor Swift
- Kim Kardashian's Prankster Attacked Her Because She's So Fake