Samantha Fox Treated for Rabies After Vacation in Thailand
British singer/model Samantha Fox is receiving treatment for rabies after she contracted the deadly disease during a vacation in Thailand. The 1980s star was enjoying a sun-soaked holiday in the popular resort of Koh Samui when she was bitten by a stray cat.
She contacted doctors and was subsequently diagnosed with the viral disease, which can prove fatal if left untreated. She tells Britain's Sunday Express, "I love animals, especially cats, but over there they're considered like rats and are left to fend for themselves. I ended up feeding a lot of them, giving them bits of shellfish after dinner."
"This one was laying on my feet and I thought we were getting on really well so I went to stroke him but he bit me so hard it went down to the bone."
Fox was given a series of injections and has now flown back to her native U.K., where she is continuing treatment. She adds, "The treatment makes you feel sick and horrible - really fluey (sic) and shaky." Fox is expected to make a full recovery.
- Fifth Harmony Heats Up the 'DWTS' Stage With Sexy 'All in My Head' Performance
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace's Murder Trial Begins, His Chilling Line Before the Shooting Is Revealed
- Teen Choice Awards 2016: 'Civil War' and 'Batman v Superman' Dominate Movie Nomination
- 'The Voice' Crowns the Winner, Cee-Lo Green Returns in Star-Studded Finale
- Check Out Christina Aguilera's Powerful Duet With Ariana Grande on 'The Voice'
- 'Dancing with the Stars' Finale: Who Wins the Mirror Ball Trophy?
- Niall Horan Blasts 'Abusive' Fans Who Keep Him 'Awake at Night'
- New 'Finding Dory' Trailer: Meet the Younger Version of Dory