Samantha Fox Treated for Rabies After Vacation in Thailand
British singer/model Samantha Fox is receiving treatment for rabies after she contracted the deadly disease during a vacation in Thailand. The 1980s star was enjoying a sun-soaked holiday in the popular resort of Koh Samui when she was bitten by a stray cat.
She contacted doctors and was subsequently diagnosed with the viral disease, which can prove fatal if left untreated. She tells Britain's Sunday Express, "I love animals, especially cats, but over there they're considered like rats and are left to fend for themselves. I ended up feeding a lot of them, giving them bits of shellfish after dinner."
"This one was laying on my feet and I thought we were getting on really well so I went to stroke him but he bit me so hard it went down to the bone."
Fox was given a series of injections and has now flown back to her native U.K., where she is continuing treatment. She adds, "The treatment makes you feel sick and horrible - really fluey (sic) and shaky." Fox is expected to make a full recovery.
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic