Melissa Etheridge Blasted by Ex-Partner Over Legal Paper
Melissa Etheridge's former partner Tammy Lynn Michaels has expressed her shock after the singer filed papers to formally dissolve their union on Friday, July 2, insisting she has been "blindsided" by the news.
The former couple exchanged vows in a same-sex ceremony in 2003 and became parents to twins, conceived via an anonymous sperm donor, before they separated in April. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker filed papers to officially end the union this week by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Michaels is adamant she was not informed about Etheridge's plans to make their split official, taking to her official blog to blast the move. In a post titled, 'Blindsiding', she writes, "Gentle waves / no noise for a while / or maybe gentle voices and / SMACK! / file for divorce! / even though we both promised / agreed / handshook / pinkyswore / no filing until after the tour / in the fall."
"Her broken promises / told to me by / headlines / I'm raising the kids / doing what I can / second set of yours."
- Justin Theroux Joins 'Star Wars: The Last Jedi'
- Mischa Barton Reveals Emotional Abuse and Blackmail by Ex-Boyfriend Who Leaked Her Sex Tape
- Jordan Peele Eyed to Direct Manga Adaptation 'Akira'
- 'Game of Thrones' Season 7 New Teaser Shows 'Long Walk' to the Throne
- 'Avengers' Helmer Joss Whedon to Direct, Write and Produce 'Batgirl'
- Beyonce Is Making $500K Nursery for Her Unborn Twins
- Mariah Carey Is Spending Too Much Money on Toyboy Bryan Tanaka
- Amber Rose Is Joining Secret Online Dating App