Melissa Etheridge Blasted by Ex-Partner Over Legal Paper
Melissa Etheridge's former partner Tammy Lynn Michaels has expressed her shock after the singer filed papers to formally dissolve their union on Friday, July 2, insisting she has been "blindsided" by the news.
The former couple exchanged vows in a same-sex ceremony in 2003 and became parents to twins, conceived via an anonymous sperm donor, before they separated in April. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker filed papers to officially end the union this week by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Michaels is adamant she was not informed about Etheridge's plans to make their split official, taking to her official blog to blast the move. In a post titled, 'Blindsiding', she writes, "Gentle waves / no noise for a while / or maybe gentle voices and / SMACK! / file for divorce! / even though we both promised / agreed / handshook / pinkyswore / no filing until after the tour / in the fall."
"Her broken promises / told to me by / headlines / I'm raising the kids / doing what I can / second set of yours."
- 'The Walking Dead' Was Supposed to End in Alexandria, but It Has Changed
- Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Movie Casts Mackenzie Foy as Clara
- Video: Kanye West Disses Taylor Swift While Crashing Drake's Concert
- Ben Affleck Risks His Life in New 'The Accountant' Trailer
- An Uber Driver Failing to Recognize Lorde Brags About Another Celebrity Passenger
- Scott Disick and Khloe Kardashian Make Fun of Dating Rumors While Posing for a Selfie
- Demi Lovato and Joe Jonas Bring 'Camp Rock' Back to D.C. Concert. See Their Onstage Reunion
- Is Lindsay Lohan Really Pregnant? See Picture of Her Smoking in Sardinia