Melissa Etheridge Blasted by Ex-Partner Over Legal Paper
Melissa Etheridge's former partner Tammy Lynn Michaels has expressed her shock after the singer filed papers to formally dissolve their union on Friday, July 2, insisting she has been "blindsided" by the news.
The former couple exchanged vows in a same-sex ceremony in 2003 and became parents to twins, conceived via an anonymous sperm donor, before they separated in April. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker filed papers to officially end the union this week by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Michaels is adamant she was not informed about Etheridge's plans to make their split official, taking to her official blog to blast the move. In a post titled, 'Blindsiding', she writes, "Gentle waves / no noise for a while / or maybe gentle voices and / SMACK! / file for divorce! / even though we both promised / agreed / handshook / pinkyswore / no filing until after the tour / in the fall."
"Her broken promises / told to me by / headlines / I'm raising the kids / doing what I can / second set of yours."
- Bob Dylan Called 'Arrogant' for Ignoring Nobel Prize Win
- 'Doctor Strange' Star Tilda Swinton Wants Her Own Marvel Movie
- Jay-Z Makes History as Nominee for 2017 Songwriters Hall of Fame
- Police Called to Larsa and Scottie Pippen's House Before Divorce Announcement
- Did Madonna Just Clap Back at Lady GaGa With This Meme?
- Leonardo DiCaprio to Play the Man Who Invented Rock and Roll in Sam Phillips Biopic
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie to Sell Their Chateau Miraval in France Amid Divorce
- Director Tim Miller Leaves 'Deadpool 2' Due to Creative Differences