Melissa Etheridge Blasted by Ex-Partner Over Legal Paper
Melissa Etheridge's former partner Tammy Lynn Michaels has expressed her shock after the singer filed papers to formally dissolve their union on Friday, July 2, insisting she has been "blindsided" by the news.
The former couple exchanged vows in a same-sex ceremony in 2003 and became parents to twins, conceived via an anonymous sperm donor, before they separated in April. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker filed papers to officially end the union this week by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Michaels is adamant she was not informed about Etheridge's plans to make their split official, taking to her official blog to blast the move. In a post titled, 'Blindsiding', she writes, "Gentle waves / no noise for a while / or maybe gentle voices and / SMACK! / file for divorce! / even though we both promised / agreed / handshook / pinkyswore / no filing until after the tour / in the fall."
"Her broken promises / told to me by / headlines / I'm raising the kids / doing what I can / second set of yours."
- Priscilla Presley's Taking Care of Lisa Marie Presley's Twin Girls Amid Nasty Custody Battle
- Pregnant Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Covers Baby Bump in Trench Coat on Lunch Date With Jason Statham
- Fergie Shows Off Pert Derriere in Cheeky Instagram Picture
- George Clooney Finally Opens Up About Amal's Pregnancy
- Adele Named Top Music Legend of the Future
- Taron Egerton Is Seen Filming 'Robin Hood: Origins' in Croatia
- Possible 'Jurassic World 2' Plot Details Revealed
- 'Sherlock' Could Get Axed, Benedict Cumberbatch and Martin Freeman's Busy Schedules Are to Blame