Melissa Etheridge Blasted by Ex-Partner Over Legal Paper
Melissa Etheridge's former partner Tammy Lynn Michaels has expressed her shock after the singer filed papers to formally dissolve their union on Friday, July 2, insisting she has been "blindsided" by the news.
The former couple exchanged vows in a same-sex ceremony in 2003 and became parents to twins, conceived via an anonymous sperm donor, before they separated in April. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker filed papers to officially end the union this week by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court.
Michaels is adamant she was not informed about Etheridge's plans to make their split official, taking to her official blog to blast the move. In a post titled, 'Blindsiding', she writes, "Gentle waves / no noise for a while / or maybe gentle voices and / SMACK! / file for divorce! / even though we both promised / agreed / handshook / pinkyswore / no filing until after the tour / in the fall."
"Her broken promises / told to me by / headlines / I'm raising the kids / doing what I can / second set of yours."
- Kate Beckinsale Can't Keep Her Hands Off Toy Boy Matt Rife During Movie Date
- Kevin Feige Confirms Miles Morales Is Part of MCU
- Protective Boyfriend The Weeknd Tells Selena Gomez to Cover Up
- Steve Harvey Announces Daughter's Engagement Amid Career Mess
- 'The Walking Dead': Negan Will Be Missing Several Episodes of Season 8
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Make a Pact to Stay Civil for the Kids
- 'So You Think You Can Dance' Season 14 Continues With New York Auditions
- Kelly Osbourne Pees Herself After Denied Entry to Starbucks