Dave Chappelle Prompted Pilot to Make Emergency Landing
A private jet carrying Dave Chappelle was forced to make an emergency landing on Friday, July 2 night amid concerns over the comedian's erratic behavior. The funnyman was flying from New Jersey to Ohio, but the plane was diverted and landed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania after the star reportedly "freaked out" and refused to put his seat belt on.
Crewmembers are said to have become concerned after Chappelle allegedly barged into the cockpit and they decided to ground the plane over safety fears, according to TMZ.com. A representative for Chappelle confirmed the incident to the website, but explained the star was feeling unwell and did not want to use the bathroom on the plane.
Some reported that after landing in Pittsburgh, the comedian immediately checked into a hotel and told his employees to rent him a car to drive to Ohio. However, he reportedly "couldn't remember his address".
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie