Dave Chappelle Prompted Pilot to Make Emergency Landing
A private jet carrying Dave Chappelle was forced to make an emergency landing on Friday, July 2 night amid concerns over the comedian's erratic behavior. The funnyman was flying from New Jersey to Ohio, but the plane was diverted and landed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania after the star reportedly "freaked out" and refused to put his seat belt on.
Crewmembers are said to have become concerned after Chappelle allegedly barged into the cockpit and they decided to ground the plane over safety fears, according to TMZ.com. A representative for Chappelle confirmed the incident to the website, but explained the star was feeling unwell and did not want to use the bathroom on the plane.
Some reported that after landing in Pittsburgh, the comedian immediately checked into a hotel and told his employees to rent him a car to drive to Ohio. However, he reportedly "couldn't remember his address".
More Dave Chappelle News
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M