Dave Chappelle Prompted Pilot to Make Emergency Landing
A private jet carrying Dave Chappelle was forced to make an emergency landing on Friday, July 2 night amid concerns over the comedian's erratic behavior. The funnyman was flying from New Jersey to Ohio, but the plane was diverted and landed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania after the star reportedly "freaked out" and refused to put his seat belt on.
Crewmembers are said to have become concerned after Chappelle allegedly barged into the cockpit and they decided to ground the plane over safety fears, according to TMZ.com. A representative for Chappelle confirmed the incident to the website, but explained the star was feeling unwell and did not want to use the bathroom on the plane.
Some reported that after landing in Pittsburgh, the comedian immediately checked into a hotel and told his employees to rent him a car to drive to Ohio. However, he reportedly "couldn't remember his address".
- Anne Hathaway Eyed to Replace Amy Schumer in Live-Action 'Barbie'
- 'Exhausted' Justin Bieber Cancels the Rest of 'Purpose' Tour Dates
- ABC Sets Fall 2017 Premiere Dates for 'Grey's Anatomy', 'The Good Doctor' and More
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices