Dave Chappelle Prompted Pilot to Make Emergency Landing
A private jet carrying Dave Chappelle was forced to make an emergency landing on Friday, July 2 night amid concerns over the comedian's erratic behavior. The funnyman was flying from New Jersey to Ohio, but the plane was diverted and landed in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania after the star reportedly "freaked out" and refused to put his seat belt on.
Crewmembers are said to have become concerned after Chappelle allegedly barged into the cockpit and they decided to ground the plane over safety fears, according to TMZ.com. A representative for Chappelle confirmed the incident to the website, but explained the star was feeling unwell and did not want to use the bathroom on the plane.
Some reported that after landing in Pittsburgh, the comedian immediately checked into a hotel and told his employees to rent him a car to drive to Ohio. However, he reportedly "couldn't remember his address".
- 'The Bachelorette: Men Tell All': Luke Reveals His Biggest Regret, Nick Challenges Chad to a Fight
- Kim Zolciak and Her Daughter Brielle Sport Huge Pouts After Trip to Plastic Surgeon
- Mariah Carey Casually Throws Shade at the Kardashians. See What She Says
- 'Star Wars: The Force Awakens' Producers Plead Guilty Over Harrison Ford's Accident
- Diplo Confirms Usher, Sam Hunt and Travi$ Scott Collabs for Major Lazer's New Album
- Lindsay Lohan Apologizes for Instagram Rant, Isn't Sure She Can Fix Relationship With Fiance
- AMC Renews 'Turn' for Fourth and Final Season
- Keshia Knight Pulliam's Husband Ed Hartwell Files for Divorce, Wants Paternity Test