Kelis and Nas Back on Friendly Terms Despite Past Bitter Divorce Battle
R&B singer Kelis has put her differences with ex-husband Nas behind her, insisting they've become "friends" months after settling their bitter divorce battle. The "Milkshake" hitmaker filed for legal separation in April, 2009 and their marriage was officially dissolved in May.
The former hip-hop super-couple also fell out over child support payments for their baby son Knight, 11 months, but the stars have since moved past their legal problems and Kelis claims they are now back on friendly terms.
She tells Us Magazine, "Everything's fine. We are divorced, but there is no point to fighting - there is nothing to fight about. I am super happy; my life is awesome. We are friends, we get along now and it's all good."
Kelis has drawn inspiration from her failed marriage for her new song "Brave", a track which addresses the problems in her relationship with Nas and she's adamant going their separate ways was the best decision for them both.
She says, "After (the split), everyone was like, 'You are going through a rough time, you should write something personal.' I wear my feelings on my sleeve. The hardest decisions are the best ones and for me that was really the case. I am definitely better today than I was a year ago. And I'll be better next year."
- Lisa Marie Presley's Kids in State Custody After Indecent Child Pics Found on Ex's Computer
- Samuel L. Jackson Hints at Nick Fury's Appearance in 'Captain Marvel'
- Aaron Carter Responds to Racism Accusation After Onstage Brawl
- Angelina Jolie Takes Her 6 Kids to Cambodia Amid Brad Pitt Divorce and Custody Drama
- Zoe Saldana Gives Birth to Baby No. 3 With Marco Perego
- Royal Showdown! Kate Middleton Reportedly Feuding With Meghan Markle
- Camila Cabello Is 'Dying' to Enlist Taylor Swift for Debut Solo Album
- Donald Glover to Play Simba in 'The Lion King' Remake