Kelis and Nas Back on Friendly Terms Despite Past Bitter Divorce Battle
R&B singer Kelis has put her differences with ex-husband Nas behind her, insisting they've become "friends" months after settling their bitter divorce battle. The "Milkshake" hitmaker filed for legal separation in April, 2009 and their marriage was officially dissolved in May.
The former hip-hop super-couple also fell out over child support payments for their baby son Knight, 11 months, but the stars have since moved past their legal problems and Kelis claims they are now back on friendly terms.
She tells Us Magazine, "Everything's fine. We are divorced, but there is no point to fighting - there is nothing to fight about. I am super happy; my life is awesome. We are friends, we get along now and it's all good."
Kelis has drawn inspiration from her failed marriage for her new song "Brave", a track which addresses the problems in her relationship with Nas and she's adamant going their separate ways was the best decision for them both.
She says, "After (the split), everyone was like, 'You are going through a rough time, you should write something personal.' I wear my feelings on my sleeve. The hardest decisions are the best ones and for me that was really the case. I am definitely better today than I was a year ago. And I'll be better next year."
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3