Melissa Etheridge Lodges Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership
Melissa Etheridge has filed legal papers to officially end her relationship with ex-partner Tammy Lynn Michaels. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker exchanged vows with Michaels in a commitment ceremony in 2003 but the gay star revealed in April that the couple had separated.
She moved to have the union legally dissolved by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, July 2, citing "irreconcilable differences" for the split.
Etheridge has requested joint custody of their twins, son Miller and daughter Johnnie, who were conceived via an anonymous sperm donor in 2006. The singer's lawyer, Judy Bogen, has also filed a motion asking a judge to reject any potential claim for financial support from Michaels, reports TMZ. Etheridge is also mum to kids Bailey, 13, and Beckett, 11, from her previous relationship with Julie Cypher.
- Spidey Faces Off Vulture in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' First Trailer
- AFI Lists 'Game of Thrones', 'The Americans' and 'Better Call Saul' as Best TV Shows of 2016
- Kanye West Debuts Blonde Hair While Making First Public Appearance Since Hospitalization
- 'Logan' Reveals First Look at Richard E. Grant's Zander Rice
- Candace Cameron Exits 'The View' Because of 'Fuller House'
- First Look at Dinozords Unveiled in 'Power Rangers' Poster
- Kobe Bryant and Wife Vanessa Welcome Baby No. 3
- John Cena Enters Battlefield in Intense Trailer for Doug Liman's 'The Wall'