Melissa Etheridge Lodges Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership
Melissa Etheridge has filed legal papers to officially end her relationship with ex-partner Tammy Lynn Michaels. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker exchanged vows with Michaels in a commitment ceremony in 2003 but the gay star revealed in April that the couple had separated.
She moved to have the union legally dissolved by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, July 2, citing "irreconcilable differences" for the split.
Etheridge has requested joint custody of their twins, son Miller and daughter Johnnie, who were conceived via an anonymous sperm donor in 2006. The singer's lawyer, Judy Bogen, has also filed a motion asking a judge to reject any potential claim for financial support from Michaels, reports TMZ. Etheridge is also mum to kids Bailey, 13, and Beckett, 11, from her previous relationship with Julie Cypher.
More Melissa Etheridge News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris