Melissa Etheridge Lodges Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership
Melissa Etheridge has filed legal papers to officially end her relationship with ex-partner Tammy Lynn Michaels. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker exchanged vows with Michaels in a commitment ceremony in 2003 but the gay star revealed in April that the couple had separated.
She moved to have the union legally dissolved by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, July 2, citing "irreconcilable differences" for the split.
Etheridge has requested joint custody of their twins, son Miller and daughter Johnnie, who were conceived via an anonymous sperm donor in 2006. The singer's lawyer, Judy Bogen, has also filed a motion asking a judge to reject any potential claim for financial support from Michaels, reports TMZ. Etheridge is also mum to kids Bailey, 13, and Beckett, 11, from her previous relationship with Julie Cypher.
- 'The Predator' Reboot Adds 'Chuck' Alum Yvonne Strahovski
- Nick Cannon Introduces Newborn Baby Boy Golden 'Sagon'
- Jamie Chung to Play Blink in FOX's 'X-Men' Pilot
- Racist Men Charged for Hurling N-Word at Jamie Foxx
- Cate Blanchett Turns Into a Drag Queen for Charity
- See Mindy Transforming Into a Handsome White Man on 'The Mindy Project'
- Video of Harrison Ford Flying Over Commercial Plane Emerges
- Karlie Kloss Flashes Major Sideboob as She Goes Braless at a Charity Event