Melissa Etheridge Lodges Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership
Melissa Etheridge has filed legal papers to officially end her relationship with ex-partner Tammy Lynn Michaels. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker exchanged vows with Michaels in a commitment ceremony in 2003 but the gay star revealed in April that the couple had separated.
She moved to have the union legally dissolved by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, July 2, citing "irreconcilable differences" for the split.
Etheridge has requested joint custody of their twins, son Miller and daughter Johnnie, who were conceived via an anonymous sperm donor in 2006. The singer's lawyer, Judy Bogen, has also filed a motion asking a judge to reject any potential claim for financial support from Michaels, reports TMZ. Etheridge is also mum to kids Bailey, 13, and Beckett, 11, from her previous relationship with Julie Cypher.
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'
- Chris Hemsworth Shoots Down Split Reports With Cheeky Instagram Post
- Kim Kardashian Said She Could 'Handle' Social Media Days Before She Got Robbed