Melissa Etheridge Lodges Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership
Melissa Etheridge has filed legal papers to officially end her relationship with ex-partner Tammy Lynn Michaels. The "Come to My Window" hitmaker exchanged vows with Michaels in a commitment ceremony in 2003 but the gay star revealed in April that the couple had separated.
She moved to have the union legally dissolved by lodging a Petition for Dissolution of Domestic Partnership in Los Angeles County Superior Court on Friday, July 2, citing "irreconcilable differences" for the split.
Etheridge has requested joint custody of their twins, son Miller and daughter Johnnie, who were conceived via an anonymous sperm donor in 2006. The singer's lawyer, Judy Bogen, has also filed a motion asking a judge to reject any potential claim for financial support from Michaels, reports TMZ. Etheridge is also mum to kids Bailey, 13, and Beckett, 11, from her previous relationship with Julie Cypher.
- Ex-Wonder Girls Member Sun Mi to Release Second Solo Album in August
- Find Out Why Song Joong Ki Wants to Get Married Early
- Ariel Winter Flaunts Butt Tattoo on Snapchat
- Did Katy Perry Secretly Undergo Plastic Surgery?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z Spark Rise in Bel-Air Property Prices
- 'American Horror Story': Ryan Murphy Shares Photo of 'Cult' Member. Is It Evan Peters?
- Secretly Married? Liam Payne Calls Cheryl His 'Wife' in New Interview
- Comic-Con: 'Ready Player One' First Footage Introduces Stepen Spielberg's VR Dystopia