Dean McDermott Is Moved Out of ICU
Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott has been moved out of the intensive care unit (ICU) at a Los Angeles-area hospital as he recovers from a dirt biking accident. The Canadian actor and speed enthusiast was admitted to hospital with a punctured and collapsed lung after the incident on Tuesday, June 29.
He was treated in the emergency room before being transferred to the ICU. But his recovery has been going well and he was moved to a regular ward on Friday, July 1. And Spelling has taken to her Twitter blog to thank fans for their messages of support. She writes, "R (our) family thanks all of U so much 4 your well wishes&prayers 4 @deanracer! Means so much 2 us! Will keep u updated on Dean's condition (sic)."
McDermott also went online to address the accident itself and assure his Twitter followers he is doing well. He writes, "It was a freak accident. We still can't figure out what happened... It's a slow recovery, but I am well on my way."
McDermott gave up professional racing earlier this year after fracturing his shoulder in a motorcycle accident, but he has now vowed to quit his passion for good after the latest health scare.
More Dean McDermott News
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris