Dean McDermott Is Moved Out of ICU
Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott has been moved out of the intensive care unit (ICU) at a Los Angeles-area hospital as he recovers from a dirt biking accident. The Canadian actor and speed enthusiast was admitted to hospital with a punctured and collapsed lung after the incident on Tuesday, June 29.
He was treated in the emergency room before being transferred to the ICU. But his recovery has been going well and he was moved to a regular ward on Friday, July 1. And Spelling has taken to her Twitter blog to thank fans for their messages of support. She writes, "R (our) family thanks all of U so much 4 your well wishes&prayers 4 @deanracer! Means so much 2 us! Will keep u updated on Dean's condition (sic)."
McDermott also went online to address the accident itself and assure his Twitter followers he is doing well. He writes, "It was a freak accident. We still can't figure out what happened... It's a slow recovery, but I am well on my way."
McDermott gave up professional racing earlier this year after fracturing his shoulder in a motorcycle accident, but he has now vowed to quit his passion for good after the latest health scare.
More Dean McDermott News
- Kevin Hart Creates Dimwitted Superhero in First Trailer for 'Captain Underpants'
- Drake Getting Sade's Face Tattooed on His Rib Amid Dating Rumors
- Wiz Khalifa and Juicy J's New Music Video for 'Cell Ready' Is Smoking Hot
- Inside Celine Dion's Diva Behavior on 'The Voice': 'She Was Extremely Entitled'
- Miley Cryrus and Liam Hemsworth Build Playground at Malibu House - Is Baby on the Way?
- 'Spider-Man' Spin-Off About Black Cat and Silver Sable Is in Development
- Taraji P. Henson and 'Empire' Co-Star Nia Long Are Reportedly Feuding on Set, Rep Reacts
- 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Originally Features Jyn Erso's Mother as Jedi Knight