Dean McDermott Is Moved Out of ICU
Tori Spelling's husband Dean McDermott has been moved out of the intensive care unit (ICU) at a Los Angeles-area hospital as he recovers from a dirt biking accident. The Canadian actor and speed enthusiast was admitted to hospital with a punctured and collapsed lung after the incident on Tuesday, June 29.
He was treated in the emergency room before being transferred to the ICU. But his recovery has been going well and he was moved to a regular ward on Friday, July 1. And Spelling has taken to her Twitter blog to thank fans for their messages of support. She writes, "R (our) family thanks all of U so much 4 your well wishes&prayers 4 @deanracer! Means so much 2 us! Will keep u updated on Dean's condition (sic)."
McDermott also went online to address the accident itself and assure his Twitter followers he is doing well. He writes, "It was a freak accident. We still can't figure out what happened... It's a slow recovery, but I am well on my way."
McDermott gave up professional racing earlier this year after fracturing his shoulder in a motorcycle accident, but he has now vowed to quit his passion for good after the latest health scare.
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival