Shirley Manson: Stop Criticizing Kristen Stewart
Shirley Manson is pleading with fans to stop taking aim at awkward "Twilight" star Kristen Stewart - because the actress reminds the rocker of her teenage self. Stewart, who plays "Twilight" 's heroine Bella Swan, is often criticized for her sullen demeanor and refusal to court the press, but Manson has defended the star, insisting she is the "best thing" about the hit vampire franchise.
The Garbage singer has taken to her page on social networking website Facebook to praise the star. In a post entitled "Total Eclipse of the Heart!", she writes, "Why are people so turned off by Kristen Stewart?!?!?! I don't get it. I think she's the best thing about the entire Twilight franchise. Absolutely. She's delicious to look at."
"She's a talented actress. (I don't care what anyone else has to say about her acting because I think she behaves EXACTLY the way me and all my pals did around that age of the character she is playing so THERE!) AND she's articulate. And she's a little shy. And clearly very thoughtful. What's not to love?" she states. And Manson has urged critics to be more accepting of other stars, who may not fit in with Hollywood stereotypes.
She adds, "I hate it when she (Stewart) gets trashed. It hurts my teenage self. And it annoys me that everyone laughs at her sullen portrayal of Bella. What the hell do they want from her? For her to ponce around like a so called normal teenager and smile a little more, no doubt. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.... SAVE OUR SMART GIRLS SAVE THEM NOW DO NOT MAKE THEM SMILE DON'T DO IT pretty please? x"
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl