'The Smurfs' Deemed Too Saucy for Katy Perry
Katy Perry is relishing her role in "The Smurfs" movie, because she was banned from watching the TV show as a child. The pop star is making her foray into acting by voicing the character of Smurfette in an upcoming adaptation of the popular cartoon series.
But Perry admits she was never able to watch the program when she was younger, because her strict pastor parents deemed the Smurfette character too saucy for kids. She explains, "It's funny because I was never allowed to watch The Smurfs growing up. My mum thought that Smurfette being the only female in the village was a little bit scantily clad, if you know what I mean. I grew up in a very sheltered house. But this Smurfs is definitely one for the kids... It is a family movie."
"The Smurfs", also starring Neil Patrick Harris and Hank Azaria, is due for release in 2011.
More Katy Perry News
- Justin Bieber Exposes His Upper Thighs During Outing
- Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Name Newborn Baby Boy Dimitri
- John Cena and Casey Affleck Tapped to Host 'SNL'
- Anna Faris Admits She Felt 'Insecure' and 'So Hurt' Over Chris Pratt Cheating Rumors
- Amy Schumer to Play Lead Role in 'Barbie' Live-Action Movie
- Megyn Kelly Courted by CNN for 8 or 9 P.M. Time Slots
- Check Out First Look at Anne Hathaway on Set of 'Ocean's Eight'
- 'Full House' Creator Buys Original Tanner House in San Francisco for $4M