'The Smurfs' Deemed Too Saucy for Katy Perry
Katy Perry is relishing her role in "The Smurfs" movie, because she was banned from watching the TV show as a child. The pop star is making her foray into acting by voicing the character of Smurfette in an upcoming adaptation of the popular cartoon series.
But Perry admits she was never able to watch the program when she was younger, because her strict pastor parents deemed the Smurfette character too saucy for kids. She explains, "It's funny because I was never allowed to watch The Smurfs growing up. My mum thought that Smurfette being the only female in the village was a little bit scantily clad, if you know what I mean. I grew up in a very sheltered house. But this Smurfs is definitely one for the kids... It is a family movie."
"The Smurfs", also starring Neil Patrick Harris and Hank Azaria, is due for release in 2011.
More Katy Perry News
- Katy Perry Crowd-Surfing Twice at Glastonbury 2017
- Blac Chyna Involved in Car Accident
- Kelly Osbourne Shows Her Derriere While Struggling to Get Out of Her Dress
- Kendall Jenner Looks Unrecognizable in Her Latest Instagram Pictures
- Heidi Klum's Boyfriend Vito Schabel Spotted Kissing Another Woman in London
- Angelina Jolie Is Worrying That Brad Pitt Will Get More Custody
- Amanda Bynes Steps Out for Shopping in Beverly Hills
- Gal Gadot Is Already Planning for Baby No. 3