'The Smurfs' Deemed Too Saucy for Katy Perry
Katy Perry is relishing her role in "The Smurfs" movie, because she was banned from watching the TV show as a child. The pop star is making her foray into acting by voicing the character of Smurfette in an upcoming adaptation of the popular cartoon series.
But Perry admits she was never able to watch the program when she was younger, because her strict pastor parents deemed the Smurfette character too saucy for kids. She explains, "It's funny because I was never allowed to watch The Smurfs growing up. My mum thought that Smurfette being the only female in the village was a little bit scantily clad, if you know what I mean. I grew up in a very sheltered house. But this Smurfs is definitely one for the kids... It is a family movie."
"The Smurfs", also starring Neil Patrick Harris and Hank Azaria, is due for release in 2011.
More Katy Perry News
- DJ Snake Unveils Snippet of Selena Gomez's Version of 'Let Me Love You'
- Britney Spears Calls James Corden 'So Dirty' in Sneak Peek of Their Carpool Karaoke
- Blac Chyna Sued Over Car Crash Caused by Her Friend
- Tyga Ordered to Pay Another Former Landlord $186,000 for Damages
- Avril Lavigne's New Album Is on the Way
- Bella Thorne Comes Out as Bisexual After Photo of Her Kissing Another Woman Emerged
- Amber Rose Rumored to Join 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23
- Check Out First Look at Anthony Hopkins' Odin on Set of 'Thor: Ragnarok'