'The Smurfs' Deemed Too Saucy for Katy Perry
Katy Perry is relishing her role in "The Smurfs" movie, because she was banned from watching the TV show as a child. The pop star is making her foray into acting by voicing the character of Smurfette in an upcoming adaptation of the popular cartoon series.
But Perry admits she was never able to watch the program when she was younger, because her strict pastor parents deemed the Smurfette character too saucy for kids. She explains, "It's funny because I was never allowed to watch The Smurfs growing up. My mum thought that Smurfette being the only female in the village was a little bit scantily clad, if you know what I mean. I grew up in a very sheltered house. But this Smurfs is definitely one for the kids... It is a family movie."
"The Smurfs", also starring Neil Patrick Harris and Hank Azaria, is due for release in 2011.
More Katy Perry News
- 'Game of Thrones' Set Pics: Look Who's Also Back for Season 7!
- Are They Really Dating? Drake Already Introduces Taylor Swift to His Mom
- Ouch, It Looks Painful! Hugh Jackman Suffers Gunshot Wounds in New 'Logan' Image
- Jasmine Tookes to Rock Victoria's Secret New Fantasy Bra. See and Get Details of the $3M Lingerie!
- J.J. Abrams' 'God Particle' Is Reportedly the Next 'Cloverfield' Movie
- Is This What Tom Hiddleston Thinks of Taylor Swift Getting Close With Drake?
- 'Sherlock' Season 4 Gets Premiere Date. Mark Your Calendar!
- Gavin Rossdale Signs Publishing Deal With Roc Nation