Kelis Responds to Similarity Between Cheryl Cole's Song and Her Own
Kelis has shrugged off suggestions Cheryl Cole's hit track "Fight for This Love" borrowed from her own song "Lil Star" - insisting she is "oblivious" to any similarities. The British singer's debut solo single sparked comparisons to Kelis' song on its release last year, with many fans claiming "Fight for This Love" used samples of the R&B star's 2007 track.
A representative for Cole denied the claims at the time, saying, "There are no similarities," and now Kelis has stepped in to silence the gossip for good, insisting she is baffled by the comparison. She tells Britain's Daily Star, "Nobody told me. I had no idea and I'm completely oblivious to the similarities."
"Fight for This Love" is Cheryl Cole's first single from her debut album "3 Words" and it peaked at No. 1 on U.K. Singles chart. Meanwhile, "Lil Star" is taken from Kelis' 2006 effort "Kelis Was Here" and features Cee-Lo.
- Mick Jagger, 73, Welcomes Baby Boy With 30-Year-Old Girlfriend Melanie Hamrick
- Watch 'Carpool Karaoke' With Madonna and Find Out Juicy Detail of Her Night Out With Michael Jackson
- Major Lazer Mashes Up Biggest Hits of the Year for YouTube Rewind 2016 Video
- John Cena Promises to Destroy 'Saturday Night Live' in New Promo
- Katy Perry Joins Jennifer Aniston at 'Office Christmas Party' L.A. Premiere
- Kardashian Sisters Try to Block Blac Chyna From Trademarking Their Family Name. How She Reacts?
- Nick Cannon Hits Back at Dane Cook Who Shamed Him for Wearing Turban
- Johnny Depp Dubbed Hollywood's Most Overpaid Actor Again by Forbes