Kelis Responds to Similarity Between Cheryl Cole's Song and Her Own
Kelis has shrugged off suggestions Cheryl Cole's hit track "Fight for This Love" borrowed from her own song "Lil Star" - insisting she is "oblivious" to any similarities. The British singer's debut solo single sparked comparisons to Kelis' song on its release last year, with many fans claiming "Fight for This Love" used samples of the R&B star's 2007 track.
A representative for Cole denied the claims at the time, saying, "There are no similarities," and now Kelis has stepped in to silence the gossip for good, insisting she is baffled by the comparison. She tells Britain's Daily Star, "Nobody told me. I had no idea and I'm completely oblivious to the similarities."
"Fight for This Love" is Cheryl Cole's first single from her debut album "3 Words" and it peaked at No. 1 on U.K. Singles chart. Meanwhile, "Lil Star" is taken from Kelis' 2006 effort "Kelis Was Here" and features Cee-Lo.
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video