Kelis Responds to Similarity Between Cheryl Cole's Song and Her Own
Kelis has shrugged off suggestions Cheryl Cole's hit track "Fight for This Love" borrowed from her own song "Lil Star" - insisting she is "oblivious" to any similarities. The British singer's debut solo single sparked comparisons to Kelis' song on its release last year, with many fans claiming "Fight for This Love" used samples of the R&B star's 2007 track.
A representative for Cole denied the claims at the time, saying, "There are no similarities," and now Kelis has stepped in to silence the gossip for good, insisting she is baffled by the comparison. She tells Britain's Daily Star, "Nobody told me. I had no idea and I'm completely oblivious to the similarities."
"Fight for This Love" is Cheryl Cole's first single from her debut album "3 Words" and it peaked at No. 1 on U.K. Singles chart. Meanwhile, "Lil Star" is taken from Kelis' 2006 effort "Kelis Was Here" and features Cee-Lo.
- Kris Jenner Is Banning Pepsi From Her House
- 'Pirates of the Caribbean: Dead Men Tell No Tales' May Be Johnny Depp's Last Disney Film
- Meghan Markle Involved in Nazi and Satanism Scandal
- Caitlyn Jenner Is Saving Her Vagina for Mr. Right
- PARTYNEXTDOOR Unfollows Zayn Malik, Deletes All Trace of Their Collab on Social Media
- Paris Jackson Wants to Save 'Reclusive' Aunt Janet Jackson Amid Split From Wissam Al Mana
- Is Gigi Hadid Taking Her Diet Too Far? Her Extreme Weight Loss Raises Concern
- Phoebe Tonkin and Paul Wesley Enjoy Intimate Dinner - Back On?