Kelis Responds to Similarity Between Cheryl Cole's Song and Her Own
Kelis has shrugged off suggestions Cheryl Cole's hit track "Fight for This Love" borrowed from her own song "Lil Star" - insisting she is "oblivious" to any similarities. The British singer's debut solo single sparked comparisons to Kelis' song on its release last year, with many fans claiming "Fight for This Love" used samples of the R&B star's 2007 track.
A representative for Cole denied the claims at the time, saying, "There are no similarities," and now Kelis has stepped in to silence the gossip for good, insisting she is baffled by the comparison. She tells Britain's Daily Star, "Nobody told me. I had no idea and I'm completely oblivious to the similarities."
"Fight for This Love" is Cheryl Cole's first single from her debut album "3 Words" and it peaked at No. 1 on U.K. Singles chart. Meanwhile, "Lil Star" is taken from Kelis' 2006 effort "Kelis Was Here" and features Cee-Lo.
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'