Kelis Responds to Similarity Between Cheryl Cole's Song and Her Own
Kelis has shrugged off suggestions Cheryl Cole's hit track "Fight for This Love" borrowed from her own song "Lil Star" - insisting she is "oblivious" to any similarities. The British singer's debut solo single sparked comparisons to Kelis' song on its release last year, with many fans claiming "Fight for This Love" used samples of the R&B star's 2007 track.
A representative for Cole denied the claims at the time, saying, "There are no similarities," and now Kelis has stepped in to silence the gossip for good, insisting she is baffled by the comparison. She tells Britain's Daily Star, "Nobody told me. I had no idea and I'm completely oblivious to the similarities."
"Fight for This Love" is Cheryl Cole's first single from her debut album "3 Words" and it peaked at No. 1 on U.K. Singles chart. Meanwhile, "Lil Star" is taken from Kelis' 2006 effort "Kelis Was Here" and features Cee-Lo.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked