Goldie Hawn Upset for Being Snubbed by British Politician
Goldie Hawn has been left disappointed after a British politician snubbed her plan to introduce Buddhist teachings to U.K. schools. The Hollywood actress was rumored to have met with Conservative Member of Parliament (MP) Michael Gove earlier this year to discuss ways for the U.K. education system to adopt the techniques used by her Hawn Foundation.
The charity teaches Buddhist techniques in schools across America to give children emotional stability and curb violent outbursts in the classroom. Hawn admits she never got to meet Gove, who became Secretary of State for Education after the country's general election in May, and was instead forced to discuss her ideas with "an aide".
And the actress hasn't had any feedback on her proposal since the London meeting. She says, "I never met him (Gove). I'll tell you exactly what I did. I had a meeting with an aide of his in some lobby at one of the parliament buildings down there, by the river. Anyway, I came in and sat down with this man, just in the place where you get the coffee from the vending machine, and I spoke to him about the program and that was it. I never met Michael Gove."
More Goldie Hawn News
- Tiger Woods Busted for DUI in Florida
- Joaquin Phoenix and Rooney Mara Hold Hands at Cannes Amid Romance Rumors
- Kourtney Kardashian Cuddles Up to Son Reign in Skimpy Bikini
- Bella Hadid Parades Her Hot Bod in Skimpy Bikini in Monaco
- 'Womanizer' Scott Disick Cozies Up to 6th Woman in Monaco
- Emily Ratajkowski Goes Nude on the Set of New Thriller 'Welcome Home'
- Rihanna Sparks Pregnancy Speculations
- Suzy Hints That She's Missing Boyfriend Lee Min Ho in New Instagram Pic