Stephen Fry and Marc Almond Pay Tribute to Sebastian Horsley at Funeral
Actor Stephen Fry and singer Marc Almond paid tribute to controversial British artist and author Sebastian Horsley at his funeral on Thursday, July 1. The star was found dead at his London home by his girlfriend in June after suffering a suspected drug overdose. He was 47.
Horsley was given a star-studded send-off at St James's Church in the British capital on Thursday morning as his coffin was carried in with T. Rex's hit Cosmic Dancer blaring out in front of hundreds of mourners. Fry turned up to pay his respects to Horsley and delivered a eulogy, praising his pal's "sweetness".
The funnyman then took to Twitter.com following the ceremony to write, "We saw off dear Sebastian Horsley. Stopped (in) Soho & Shaftesbury Ave with the cortege. Fine funeral in St James's." Singer Almond also paid tribute to the flamboyant writer, saying, "He was unique, his own creation. Sebastian was fearless and a hero where as I am just a shape shifter. He was the last king of Soho. With Sebastian's passing something else precious has gone from the heart of London. He was a colorful character and we really need individuals like that in this world of mass commercialism."
Police are currently investigating the circumstances surrounding Horsley's death.
- Jon Bon Jovi Meets Cancer Patient, Gives Her Guitar, Plays His New Songs
- Diane Kruger Called a 'B***h' for Speaking Up About Gender Inequality in Hollywood
- Lady GaGa Sparks Outrage From Her Chinese Fans After Meeting Dalai Lama
- 'The 9th Life of Louis Drax' First Trailer Is Full of Mysteries
- Stella Maxwell Goes Completely Topless in This NSFW Instagram Photo
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunner Confirms Shorter Two Final Seasons: We Get Close to the Ending
- Kevin Jonas and Wife Danielle Announce Sex of Their 2nd Baby. Is It a Boy or a Girl?
- Calvin Harris Blames Paparazzo for Another Car Accident, but Then Apologizes