Jackie Chan and The Smiths Not Canceling 'Karate Kid' Promotion in Mexico Despite Hurricane
Jackie Chan and Will Smith and his family have refused to let a hurricane stop them from promoting "The Karate Kid" movie in Mexico - the stars have flown into the eye of a storm for a premiere. The Smiths and martial arts star Chan are currently touring the globe to promote the movie, which stars Will's 11-year-old son Jaden Smith.
The stars were scheduled to land in Cancun, Mexico for the premiere of the remake on Thursday, July 1 as Hurricane Alex stormed through northern Mexico. At least two people have been killed as the savage storm, which roared in from the Gulf of Mexico, picks up pace.
Chan was convinced their movie bosses would cancel the scheduled stop-off as a result of the harrowing weather, but he arrived in Mexico along with the Smiths on Thursday after a lengthy flight.
In a series of posts on his Twitter page he writes, "I just land in Mexico (sic)! 5 hour fly instead of 3 because of hurricane... Hola twitter! I thought we cancel because of hurricane but we still come! We are here. Haven't seen much yet still driving but beautiful."
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Sneak Peek: Watch 29-Year-Old J. Chosen Blow the Coaches' Mind
- Sinead O'Connor Apologizes for Saying Arsenio Hall Gave Prince Drugs
- See Lethal Charlize Theron in New 'Atomic Blonde' Poster
- Brooklyn Beckham Gets Dating Advice From Anais Gallagher
- Nicole Scherzinger Goes Underwear Free in Dazzling Dress at BRIT Awards After-Party
- 'This Is Us' to Bring Back Ron Cephas Jones in Season 2 After That Emotional Road Trip
- Gigi and Bella Hadid Go Vampy for Milan Fashion Week
- NBC's 'Taken' Opening Scene Reveals How Bryan Mills' Sister Is Murdered