Jackie Chan and The Smiths Not Canceling 'Karate Kid' Promotion in Mexico Despite Hurricane
Jackie Chan and Will Smith and his family have refused to let a hurricane stop them from promoting "The Karate Kid" movie in Mexico - the stars have flown into the eye of a storm for a premiere. The Smiths and martial arts star Chan are currently touring the globe to promote the movie, which stars Will's 11-year-old son Jaden Smith.
The stars were scheduled to land in Cancun, Mexico for the premiere of the remake on Thursday, July 1 as Hurricane Alex stormed through northern Mexico. At least two people have been killed as the savage storm, which roared in from the Gulf of Mexico, picks up pace.
Chan was convinced their movie bosses would cancel the scheduled stop-off as a result of the harrowing weather, but he arrived in Mexico along with the Smiths on Thursday after a lengthy flight.
In a series of posts on his Twitter page he writes, "I just land in Mexico (sic)! 5 hour fly instead of 3 because of hurricane... Hola twitter! I thought we cancel because of hurricane but we still come! We are here. Haven't seen much yet still driving but beautiful."
- Lady Antebellum Will Make You Dance With Their Cover of JT's 'Can't Stop the Feeling!'
- 'Tallulah' Trailer: Ellen Page and Allison Janney Raise a Kidnapped Child
- 'Lost in Space' Reboot Ordered to Series by Netflix
- Rob Kardashian and Blac Chyna's Baby's Sex Reportedly Revealed. A Boy or a Girl?
- Rihanna Previews 'Sledgehammer' Video Before Premiering It in Full in IMAX
- Nicole Kidman and Keith Urban's Surrogacy Plan for Baby No. 3 Opposed by Their Church
- Hard Work Pays Off! Kourtney Kardashian Displays Her Rock-Hard Abs in Sexy Bikini
- Jessica Williams Is Leaving 'The Daily Show' to Headline New Comedy Series