Jackie Chan and The Smiths Not Canceling 'Karate Kid' Promotion in Mexico Despite Hurricane
Jackie Chan and Will Smith and his family have refused to let a hurricane stop them from promoting "The Karate Kid" movie in Mexico - the stars have flown into the eye of a storm for a premiere. The Smiths and martial arts star Chan are currently touring the globe to promote the movie, which stars Will's 11-year-old son Jaden Smith.
The stars were scheduled to land in Cancun, Mexico for the premiere of the remake on Thursday, July 1 as Hurricane Alex stormed through northern Mexico. At least two people have been killed as the savage storm, which roared in from the Gulf of Mexico, picks up pace.
Chan was convinced their movie bosses would cancel the scheduled stop-off as a result of the harrowing weather, but he arrived in Mexico along with the Smiths on Thursday after a lengthy flight.
In a series of posts on his Twitter page he writes, "I just land in Mexico (sic)! 5 hour fly instead of 3 because of hurricane... Hola twitter! I thought we cancel because of hurricane but we still come! We are here. Haven't seen much yet still driving but beautiful."
- Lamar Odom Caught Partying With Scantily-Clad Ladies at Strip Club and Smoking Marijuana
- Watch First Trailer for Sundance Hit 'Manchester by the Sea' Starring Casey Affleck
- I'm Guilty! 'Obsessed' Kim Kardashian Admits She Steals Things From Hotels
- Taylor Swift and Tom Hiddleston Already Have Their First 'Major' Fight - What Is It About?
- Is The Flash Coming to 'Big Bang Theory'?
- Miley Cyrus Reportedly Pays for Everything in Her Relationship With Liam Hemsworth
- Prince William Says He Still Misses Princess Diana Every Day and We Can't Help Tearing Up
- Will X-Men Join Avengers in 'Infinity War'? Here's What Joe Russo Says