Jackie Chan and The Smiths Not Canceling 'Karate Kid' Promotion in Mexico Despite Hurricane
Jackie Chan and Will Smith and his family have refused to let a hurricane stop them from promoting "The Karate Kid" movie in Mexico - the stars have flown into the eye of a storm for a premiere. The Smiths and martial arts star Chan are currently touring the globe to promote the movie, which stars Will's 11-year-old son Jaden Smith.
The stars were scheduled to land in Cancun, Mexico for the premiere of the remake on Thursday, July 1 as Hurricane Alex stormed through northern Mexico. At least two people have been killed as the savage storm, which roared in from the Gulf of Mexico, picks up pace.
Chan was convinced their movie bosses would cancel the scheduled stop-off as a result of the harrowing weather, but he arrived in Mexico along with the Smiths on Thursday after a lengthy flight.
In a series of posts on his Twitter page he writes, "I just land in Mexico (sic)! 5 hour fly instead of 3 because of hurricane... Hola twitter! I thought we cancel because of hurricane but we still come! We are here. Haven't seen much yet still driving but beautiful."
- Luke Cage's Leading Lady Misty Knight Confirmed to Return on 'The Defenders'
- Don't Call Zayn Malik 'Celebrity' Because He Loathes It!
- Vitalii Sediuk Calls His Attempt to Kiss Kim Kardashian's Butt a Protest Against 'Butt Implants'
- Gavin Rossdale Follows Gwen Stefani's Lead, Joins 'The Voice UK' as New Judge
- Report: Ashton Kutcher and Mila Kunis Expecting Baby Boy
- Watch Benedict Cumberbatch's Full Performance With Pink Floyd's David Gilmour at London Concert
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reportedly 'Living Separate Lives' Before Split
- What Breakup? Rob Kardashian Snapchats Blac Chyna's Belly Amid Baby Shower Drama