Cameron Diaz Seeking 'Fun' in 'Knight and Day' to Get Over Grief
Cameron Diaz jumped at the chance to appear alongside Tom Cruise in "Knight & Day" because she wanted to have "some fun" following the death of her father two years ago, in 2008. The "Charlie's Angels" star was left devastated when her dad Emilio died in 2008 while she was filming "My Sister's Keeper", about a girl who suffers from leukemia.
Diaz was relieved when she was offered her latest film role with her "Vanilla Sky" co-star, because she knew the action adventure would help her overcome her sadness.
She says, "I'd spent a year in grief with my family and I just wanted some fun and to go on a great adventure. I wanted to spend some time just having a laugh without it being something heavy."
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival