Cameron Diaz Seeking 'Fun' in 'Knight and Day' to Get Over Grief
Cameron Diaz jumped at the chance to appear alongside Tom Cruise in "Knight & Day" because she wanted to have "some fun" following the death of her father two years ago, in 2008. The "Charlie's Angels" star was left devastated when her dad Emilio died in 2008 while she was filming "My Sister's Keeper", about a girl who suffers from leukemia.
Diaz was relieved when she was offered her latest film role with her "Vanilla Sky" co-star, because she knew the action adventure would help her overcome her sadness.
She says, "I'd spent a year in grief with my family and I just wanted some fun and to go on a great adventure. I wanted to spend some time just having a laugh without it being something heavy."
More Cameron Diaz News
- Super Junior's Leeteuk Gets Robbed in Switzerland
- Kardashian-Jenner Sisters Throw Surprise Birthday Party for Khloe
- Evidence of Song Joong Ki and Song Hye Kyo's Rendezvous in Bali Revealed
- Living Life to the Fullest! Brad Pitt Caught Cozying Up to Sienna Miller and Elle Macpherson
- Louis Tomlinson Was Feeling Left Out of One Direction: 'What Have I Really Done to Contribute Here?'
- Gwyneth Paltrow's Goop Accused by NASA of Scamming Customers With Healing Stickers
- Liev Schreiber Spotted With Another Woman Amid Dating Rumors With Gerard Butler's Ex Morgan Brown
- Future and Chris Brown Are Total Womanizers in Sexy 'Pie' Video