Cameron Diaz Seeking 'Fun' in 'Knight and Day' to Get Over Grief
Cameron Diaz jumped at the chance to appear alongside Tom Cruise in "Knight & Day" because she wanted to have "some fun" following the death of her father two years ago, in 2008. The "Charlie's Angels" star was left devastated when her dad Emilio died in 2008 while she was filming "My Sister's Keeper", about a girl who suffers from leukemia.
Diaz was relieved when she was offered her latest film role with her "Vanilla Sky" co-star, because she knew the action adventure would help her overcome her sadness.
She says, "I'd spent a year in grief with my family and I just wanted some fun and to go on a great adventure. I wanted to spend some time just having a laugh without it being something heavy."
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri