Cameron Diaz Seeking 'Fun' in 'Knight and Day' to Get Over Grief
Cameron Diaz jumped at the chance to appear alongside Tom Cruise in "Knight & Day" because she wanted to have "some fun" following the death of her father two years ago, in 2008. The "Charlie's Angels" star was left devastated when her dad Emilio died in 2008 while she was filming "My Sister's Keeper", about a girl who suffers from leukemia.
Diaz was relieved when she was offered her latest film role with her "Vanilla Sky" co-star, because she knew the action adventure would help her overcome her sadness.
She says, "I'd spent a year in grief with my family and I just wanted some fun and to go on a great adventure. I wanted to spend some time just having a laugh without it being something heavy."
More Cameron Diaz News
- Caitlyn Jenner Surprises Kim Kardashian With Bare-Butt Sculpture
- Amber Heard Denies She Blackmailed Johnny Depp
- Watch Fifth Harmony Bring Out Ty Dolla $ign for Mini Concert on 'Today' Show
- Get First Images and Details of 'Cars 3'
- Will There Be More 'Matrix' Movies? Here's What Joel Silver Says
- Topher Grace Marries Fiancee Ashley Hinshaw in Private Ceremony
- 'The Bachelorette' Recap: Proposals and Villain Already in Week 2
- Katy Perry's Twitter Account Is Hacked, Posts Tweet About Taylor Swift