Amy Winehouse Forming Supergroup With ?uestlove
British singer Amy Winehouse is forming a new supergroup with The Roots' drummer ?uestlove. The "Rehab" hitmaker is planning to make music with the hip-hop musician, along with producer Raphael Saadiq, who will be on guitar, according to ?uestlove, real name Ahmir Thompson.
But Winehouse has so far been unable to move the plans forward - because she is struggling to obtain a visa to enter America to visit the record producer. The singer was previously denied entry to the U.S. for the 2008 Grammy Awards after she was arrested in October, 2007 when she was caught in possession of seven grammes of marijuana in Norway.
But Thompson is adamant the band will soon begin work on new music: "The group will definitely happen. It's just the closest she can come to the States is Jamaica. I'm off to France soon so I'll see if she's up for discussing it over dinner. We're Skyping the s**t out of each other."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal