Amy Winehouse Forming Supergroup With ?uestlove
British singer Amy Winehouse is forming a new supergroup with The Roots' drummer ?uestlove. The "Rehab" hitmaker is planning to make music with the hip-hop musician, along with producer Raphael Saadiq, who will be on guitar, according to ?uestlove, real name Ahmir Thompson.
But Winehouse has so far been unable to move the plans forward - because she is struggling to obtain a visa to enter America to visit the record producer. The singer was previously denied entry to the U.S. for the 2008 Grammy Awards after she was arrested in October, 2007 when she was caught in possession of seven grammes of marijuana in Norway.
But Thompson is adamant the band will soon begin work on new music: "The group will definitely happen. It's just the closest she can come to the States is Jamaica. I'm off to France soon so I'll see if she's up for discussing it over dinner. We're Skyping the s**t out of each other."
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'
- Iggy Azalea Sparks Butt Implant Rumors With Instagram Photo. What Expert Says?
- Cara Delevingne Fuels St. Vincent Engagement Rumors With This Photo
- New Trailer for Baz Luhrmann's 'The Get Down' Turns Shady Life Into Hope
- 'Moana' Characters Unveiled in New Posters
- Watch Usher, Josh Groban and More Tell Politicians 'Don't Use Our Song' in New Clip
- Dr. Dre Detained Outside His Malibu House After an Alleged Road Rage
- Sarah Silverman Gets Booed for Mocking Bernie Sanders Supporters at DNC