Will Smith's Battle in 'Independence Day' Voted U.S. Favorite 4th of July Movie Moment
Will Smith's battle to save the world from aliens in hit movie "Independence Day" has been voted America's favorite Fourth of July movie moment in an online poll. The 41-year-old actor played a fighter pilot, named Captain Steven 'Steve' Hiller, who flew a fearless mission to plant a nuclear bomb on a hostile spaceship in the 1996 movie.
And as the U.S. prepares to celebrate its independence on Sunday, 49 per cent of visitors to WENN poll have voted the scene their favorite, trumping a host of patriotic movie moments.
Sylvester Stallone's triumphant battle with brawler Apollo Creed in the first "Rocky" movie came in second, followed by the prison camp Fourth of July party scene from 1963 Steve McQueen - starring classic "The Great Escape".
More Will Smith News
- Tarek El Moussa Addresses Rumors He Called Estranged Wife Christina a 'Whore'
- George Clooney Writes Touching Tribute to Cousin and 'NCIS: LA' Star Miguel Ferrer Who Dies at 61
- Little Mix Releases Sexy and Colorful Music Video for 'Touch'
- ABC Is Considering 'Black-ish' Spin-Off Starring Yara Shahidi
- Anne Hathaway to Join Rebel Wilson in 'Nasty Women'
- Everyone Loves Chrissy Teigen for Showing Off Her Stretch Marks in New Photo
- Mandy Moore Is Eager to Have Kids 'Sooner Than Later.' Ready to Start a Family?
- Ed Sheeran Wants to Collaborate With Beyonce, Plans Tour in March