Will Smith's Battle in 'Independence Day' Voted U.S. Favorite 4th of July Movie Moment
Will Smith's battle to save the world from aliens in hit movie "Independence Day" has been voted America's favorite Fourth of July movie moment in an online poll. The 41-year-old actor played a fighter pilot, named Captain Steven 'Steve' Hiller, who flew a fearless mission to plant a nuclear bomb on a hostile spaceship in the 1996 movie.
And as the U.S. prepares to celebrate its independence on Sunday, 49 per cent of visitors to WENN poll have voted the scene their favorite, trumping a host of patriotic movie moments.
Sylvester Stallone's triumphant battle with brawler Apollo Creed in the first "Rocky" movie came in second, followed by the prison camp Fourth of July party scene from 1963 Steve McQueen - starring classic "The Great Escape".
More Will Smith News
- Justin Bieber Turns Down $5M Offer to Perform at RNC
- You Won't Believe How Much Mila Kunis Spent on Her Wedding Ring
- Matt Damon Fights Monsters in Epic Trailer for 'The Great Wall'
- 'Sesame Street' Fires Three Longtime Cast Members
- Find Out Which Joe Jonas' Famous Exes He Would Like to 'Shag, Marry and Kill'
- Cameron Diaz and Benji Madden's Baby Struggles Reportedly Cause Marriage Problems
- Andrew Garfield Is World War II Hero in First 'Hacksaw Ridge' Trailer
- 'Scream Queens' Adds Jerry O'Connell in Mystery Role