Will Smith's Battle in 'Independence Day' Voted U.S. Favorite 4th of July Movie Moment
Will Smith's battle to save the world from aliens in hit movie "Independence Day" has been voted America's favorite Fourth of July movie moment in an online poll. The 41-year-old actor played a fighter pilot, named Captain Steven 'Steve' Hiller, who flew a fearless mission to plant a nuclear bomb on a hostile spaceship in the 1996 movie.
And as the U.S. prepares to celebrate its independence on Sunday, 49 per cent of visitors to WENN poll have voted the scene their favorite, trumping a host of patriotic movie moments.
Sylvester Stallone's triumphant battle with brawler Apollo Creed in the first "Rocky" movie came in second, followed by the prison camp Fourth of July party scene from 1963 Steve McQueen - starring classic "The Great Escape".
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic