Will Smith's Battle in 'Independence Day' Voted U.S. Favorite 4th of July Movie Moment
Will Smith's battle to save the world from aliens in hit movie "Independence Day" has been voted America's favorite Fourth of July movie moment in an online poll. The 41-year-old actor played a fighter pilot, named Captain Steven 'Steve' Hiller, who flew a fearless mission to plant a nuclear bomb on a hostile spaceship in the 1996 movie.
And as the U.S. prepares to celebrate its independence on Sunday, 49 per cent of visitors to WENN poll have voted the scene their favorite, trumping a host of patriotic movie moments.
Sylvester Stallone's triumphant battle with brawler Apollo Creed in the first "Rocky" movie came in second, followed by the prison camp Fourth of July party scene from 1963 Steve McQueen - starring classic "The Great Escape".
- Amber Rose Says Julianne Hough Body Shamed Her With Her 'DWTS' Comment
- 'Wonder Woman' Writer Confirms Diana Prince Is 'Obviously' Bisexual
- Tyga May Have His Mom's Car Repossessed
- Get First Look at 'Outlander' Season 3
- Benedict Cumberbatch May Confirm Doctor Strange's Appearance in 'Thor: Ragnarok'
- Donald Trump Once Body-Shamed Kim Kardashian Too. This Is What He Said About Her
- Lena Dunham and Allison Williams Tearfully Say Goodbye to 'Girls' as Filming Wraps
- These Photos of Jim Carrey and Late Ex Suggest Her Marriage to Estranged Husband Was Fake