Will Smith's Battle in 'Independence Day' Voted U.S. Favorite 4th of July Movie Moment
Will Smith's battle to save the world from aliens in hit movie "Independence Day" has been voted America's favorite Fourth of July movie moment in an online poll. The 41-year-old actor played a fighter pilot, named Captain Steven 'Steve' Hiller, who flew a fearless mission to plant a nuclear bomb on a hostile spaceship in the 1996 movie.
And as the U.S. prepares to celebrate its independence on Sunday, 49 per cent of visitors to WENN poll have voted the scene their favorite, trumping a host of patriotic movie moments.
Sylvester Stallone's triumphant battle with brawler Apollo Creed in the first "Rocky" movie came in second, followed by the prison camp Fourth of July party scene from 1963 Steve McQueen - starring classic "The Great Escape".
More Will Smith News
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones