Civil Rights Leader Slams Mel Gibson Over His Alleged Taped Offensive Racial Language
Civil rights leader Revd. Jesse Jackson isn't waiting for Mel Gibson to confirm reports he used offensive racial language in an expletive-laden, recorded argument with his ex-girlfriend - he's already on the attack. Websites TMZ and Radar Online both claim to have copies of the audio, in which Gibson reportedly used the 'N' word while raging at Oksana Grigorieva, the mother of his baby daughter but, as WENN went to press, the sites hadn't gone public with the recording and Gibson hadn't commented.
But Jackson is already on the warpath, telling TMZ the actor/director's outburst "demonstrates once again that we are far from a society that is beyond race and racism. His (Gibson) penchants for anti-Semitic and racist diatribes reveal the actor's fundamental character flaw. He needs help."
Four years ago, in 2006, Gibson hit the headlines after he fired-off anti-Semitic comments to a Jewish traffic cop, who arrested him on a charge of drink driving in California. Gibson publicly apologized for his drunken remarks.
The actor/director and his ex, a Russian pop star, split earlier this year and are currently locked in a messy child support legal battle. TMZ reports that the audio tapes featuring Gibson's alleged rants have been turned over to court officials.
More Mel Gibson News
- Lee Sung Kyung and Nam Joo Hyuk Are Reportedly Dating
- Jenna Dewan Reportedly Joins Channing Tatum at 'Magic Mike Live' Premiere Due to Trust Issues
- Watch Preview of Ty Dolla $ign and Lil Yachty's Collaboration for 'Beach House 3'
- George and Amal Clooney Reportedly to Spend Over $1 M on a Royal-Like Delivery Experience
- 'Delusional' Drake Is Still Not Over Rihanna, but She Won't Give Him Another Chance
- Perrie Edwards Celebrates Footballer Beau Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain's Win With a Dance
- Kris Jenner Reportedly Planning New Reality Show Featuring Her Grandkids
- Sara Sampaio Exposes Nipples in See-Through Bustier