Father and Brother of 'Harry Potter' Star Afshan Azad Charged With Threatening to Kill Her
"Harry Potter" actress Afshan Azad's father and brother have been charged with threatening to kill her. The 22-year-old, who plays witch Padma Patil in four of the wizard movies, was allegedly attacked by her two family members at her home in Manchester, England in May.
Her dad and brother allegedly began arguing with the star over her boyfriend and demanded that she end the relationship. When Afshan refused she was allegedly attacked and left "badly bruised", reports Britain's Daily Express. Abdul Azad, 54, and his son Ashraf, 28, appeared at Manchester Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, June 29, accused of threatening to kill Afshan. Her brother was also charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
The case was adjourned and both Abdul and Ashraf have been released on bail until July 12. As part of the bail conditions the two men must not contact the actress at her new London address, where she is thought to be staying with friends.
Speaking outside of the family home on Thursday, July 1, accused brother Ashraf Azad said, "I don't want to comment on anything. My dad is at the solicitors at the moment. We are going to get trouble from the community now. I am not happy at all. I could lose my job over this because the people at work will see this."
- Ice Cube Is Up for Teacher Fight With Charlie Day in New 'Fist Fight' Trailer
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Reach Custody Agreement. Will He Meet His Children on Christmas?
- Madonna Twerks in a Car in Sneak Peek of 'Carpool Karaoke'
- Is Selena Gomez Working on New Album With Hit-Boy?
- Kim Kardashian Shares Rare Pics for Saint's 1st Birthday as Kanye West Comes Back Home
- Mariah Carey Suffers Another Nip Slip as She and Bryan Tanaka Cozy Up at NYC Hot Spot
- Harley Quinn and The Joker Sport Very Different Tattoos in Early 'Suicide Squad' Concept Art
- 'Gotham': Cameron Monaghan Teases Disfigured Jerome With These Photos