Father and Brother of 'Harry Potter' Star Afshan Azad Charged With Threatening to Kill Her
"Harry Potter" actress Afshan Azad's father and brother have been charged with threatening to kill her. The 22-year-old, who plays witch Padma Patil in four of the wizard movies, was allegedly attacked by her two family members at her home in Manchester, England in May.
Her dad and brother allegedly began arguing with the star over her boyfriend and demanded that she end the relationship. When Afshan refused she was allegedly attacked and left "badly bruised", reports Britain's Daily Express. Abdul Azad, 54, and his son Ashraf, 28, appeared at Manchester Magistrates' Court on Tuesday, June 29, accused of threatening to kill Afshan. Her brother was also charged with assault occasioning actual bodily harm.
The case was adjourned and both Abdul and Ashraf have been released on bail until July 12. As part of the bail conditions the two men must not contact the actress at her new London address, where she is thought to be staying with friends.
Speaking outside of the family home on Thursday, July 1, accused brother Ashraf Azad said, "I don't want to comment on anything. My dad is at the solicitors at the moment. We are going to get trouble from the community now. I am not happy at all. I could lose my job over this because the people at work will see this."
- 'Bachelorette' Premiere Recap: JoJo Meets Her Suitors. Who Makes the Most Memorable Entrance?
- Ariana Grande Makes Out a Lot in 'Into You' Music Video
- New CG-Animated 'Garfield' in the Works as Franchise
- Kim Kardashian Shows Off Her Curves in Flesh-Baring Outfit at Vogue 100 Festival in London
- Lil Wayne Blasts Cash Money Again Months After Reuniting With Birdman
- 'The Voice' Final Performances: Listen to the Top 4's Original Songs
- Justin Bieber Sings Taylor Swift's Song and Talks About Her First Love. Is He Mocking Her?
- Beyonce and Jay-Z's Long-Rumored Joint Album May Arrive Anytime Now