Not Liking Beyonce's Clothing Line, Solange Quits
Solange Knowles quit her job as spokesmodel for her sister Beyonce Knowles' Dereon fashion range because she couldn't envision herself wearing the clothes away from the runway. The singer signed up to front Dereon, the junior apparel collection and sister line to Beyonce's House of Dereon range, which she launched with their stylist mum Tina Knowles in 2006.
Solange subsequently chose to step down from the role because the style of the Dereon line was completely different from her own. She says, "I initially was involved as the spokesperson, but the clothes just didn't reflect my personal style and I decided to hand that over."
But Solange insists there was no fall out with her superstar sister over her decision - and the 24 year old now has her sights set on modeling for Beyonce and Tina's new bedding collection. She adds, "That's the great thing about my family. We work together so closely that if something's not working out, we can be honest about it and there won't be any grudges or issues."
"I will say though, they did just do a bedding line that I am extremely in love with and I was like, 'Can I model that... in my house?'"
- Pro Dancers of 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 23 Revealed
- Meek Mill Infuriated Drake After He Tried to Block Canadian Rapper From Partying in Philly
- Vin Diesel Thinks The Rock 'Shined' Amid 'Fast and Furious 8' On-Set Beef
- Is He Sorry? Justin Bieber Reunites With Sofia Richie Ahead of Her 18th Birthday
- Stephen Colbert Mocks Ryan Lochte's Robbery Claims, Spoofs His Interview With Matt Lauer
- Watch Helen Mirren Perfectly Handle a Sexist Interviewer 40 Years Ago
- Early Concept Art of 'Captain America: Civil War' Sees Ant-Man Fighting the Cap
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones