Madonna Accused of Turning Young Girls Like W**res
Aussie pop icon Helen Reddy has blasted Madonna in a scathing new interview, blaming the pop superstar for making young girls want to dress like sex workers. The "I Am Woman" hitmaker, who has retired from music since releasing her Grammy-winning hit in 1970, was left shocked during a recent shopping trip for underwear - she couldn't find a bra to fit because the selection was too racy.
And Reddy blames the "Like a Virgin" hitmaker for inspiring girls to dress like strippers and prostitutes. In an interview with BlogTalkRadio, she explains, "I was in London earlier this year, and I had to get some new bras - because (mine) were falling off me. I go into the women's lingerie department, and they've got pasties - you know, like strippers wear."
"They've got all these little fancy things, which all have wires - which I believe cause breast cancer - but nothing that's for women who are older, or who are heavier, or who would like to dress like a lady... When I was a girl, we used to complain we were divided into two groups: We were either virgins or we were w**res. And then along came Madonna - and now we're all w**res."
"It is horrifying to me to see these little girls, you know, dressed as sexpots, trying to imitate the latest video they've seen."
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Madonna has scoffed at Reddy's allegations. Her rep tells the New York Post, "Why should Madonna be blamed for Helen Reddy not being able to find a good-fitting bra?... I know plenty of w**res who wear sports bras instead of bustiers. Don't judge a book, Helen."
- Morgan Freeman Eyed to Join Disney's New 'Nutcracker' Film
- Get Your First Look at Tyler Hoechlin as Clark Kent on 'Supergirl'
- Taika Waititi Hints at Thanos' Connection to 'Thor: Ragnarok' in New Photo
- Lindsey Vonn Accidentally Flashes Underwear on the Red Carpet
- Rihanna Swarmed by Her Fans in 'Goodnight Gotham' Music Video
- Tony Parker Welcomes Second Child With Wife Axelle Francine
- Candice Swanepoel Bares Baby Bump While Posing Completely Naked in This Photo
- 'Sesame Street' Reconsiders Layoffs After Public Outcry, Actor Says