Madonna Accused of Turning Young Girls Like W**res
Aussie pop icon Helen Reddy has blasted Madonna in a scathing new interview, blaming the pop superstar for making young girls want to dress like sex workers. The "I Am Woman" hitmaker, who has retired from music since releasing her Grammy-winning hit in 1970, was left shocked during a recent shopping trip for underwear - she couldn't find a bra to fit because the selection was too racy.
And Reddy blames the "Like a Virgin" hitmaker for inspiring girls to dress like strippers and prostitutes. In an interview with BlogTalkRadio, she explains, "I was in London earlier this year, and I had to get some new bras - because (mine) were falling off me. I go into the women's lingerie department, and they've got pasties - you know, like strippers wear."
"They've got all these little fancy things, which all have wires - which I believe cause breast cancer - but nothing that's for women who are older, or who are heavier, or who would like to dress like a lady... When I was a girl, we used to complain we were divided into two groups: We were either virgins or we were w**res. And then along came Madonna - and now we're all w**res."
"It is horrifying to me to see these little girls, you know, dressed as sexpots, trying to imitate the latest video they've seen."
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Madonna has scoffed at Reddy's allegations. Her rep tells the New York Post, "Why should Madonna be blamed for Helen Reddy not being able to find a good-fitting bra?... I know plenty of w**res who wear sports bras instead of bustiers. Don't judge a book, Helen."
More Madonna News
- Watch Barden Bellas Dance in 'Pitch Perfect 3' Behind-the-Scenes Video
- James Marsden Is Under Consideration to Join 'Green Lantern Corps' as Hal Jordan
- Blake Lively 'Livid' Over Ryan Reynolds' Possible Reunion With Ex-Wife Scarlett Johansson
- The Weeknd Reunites With Selena Gomez at a Club After Running Into Ex Bella Hadid
- 'The Lost City of Z' Gets New International Trailer
- Peter Dinklage's New Red Hair May Hint at His 'Avengers: Infinity War' Role
- Future Enjoys Lavish Getaway in Dubai in New Video for 'Poppin' Tags'
- James Cameron and 'Deadpool' Director Tim Miller Team Up for New 'Terminator' Movie