Madonna Accused of Turning Young Girls Like W**res
Aussie pop icon Helen Reddy has blasted Madonna in a scathing new interview, blaming the pop superstar for making young girls want to dress like sex workers. The "I Am Woman" hitmaker, who has retired from music since releasing her Grammy-winning hit in 1970, was left shocked during a recent shopping trip for underwear - she couldn't find a bra to fit because the selection was too racy.
And Reddy blames the "Like a Virgin" hitmaker for inspiring girls to dress like strippers and prostitutes. In an interview with BlogTalkRadio, she explains, "I was in London earlier this year, and I had to get some new bras - because (mine) were falling off me. I go into the women's lingerie department, and they've got pasties - you know, like strippers wear."
"They've got all these little fancy things, which all have wires - which I believe cause breast cancer - but nothing that's for women who are older, or who are heavier, or who would like to dress like a lady... When I was a girl, we used to complain we were divided into two groups: We were either virgins or we were w**res. And then along came Madonna - and now we're all w**res."
"It is horrifying to me to see these little girls, you know, dressed as sexpots, trying to imitate the latest video they've seen."
Meanwhile, a spokesperson for Madonna has scoffed at Reddy's allegations. Her rep tells the New York Post, "Why should Madonna be blamed for Helen Reddy not being able to find a good-fitting bra?... I know plenty of w**res who wear sports bras instead of bustiers. Don't judge a book, Helen."
More Madonna News
- Keke Palmer Blames the World for 'Ugly' Kylie Jenner's Drastic Transformation
- Britney Spears Mispronounces Tinashe's Name During Onstage Performance
- Tegan and Sara Release 'Miami Vice'-Inspired 'Dying to Know' Video
- Seth Meyers Will End 2016 With Jennifer Lawrence, Arnold Schwarzenegger and More
- Liam Payne Blasts Louis Walsh for Dissing His Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl
- Demi Moore Annoys Mila Kunis for 'Butting in' After Birth of Her Son With Ashton Kutcher
- Get Sneak Peeks of Daredevil and Jessica Jones' Encounter in New 'Defenders' Set Photos
- Find Out Liam Payne's Big Plan to Propose to Pregnant Girlfriend Cheryl