Drake Cancels European Tour to Support Ailing Mom
Rapper Drake has been forced to pull out of plans to tour Europe so he can be by his sick mother's side as she undergoes "emergency" surgery for a mystery illness. The "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker was due to perform at a string of summer music festivals, including the Wireless, Oxygen and T In The Park events, in addition to a number of solo gigs across the continent.
But the shows have been scrapped so the Canadian star can fly home to support his mum. In a statement, he says, "Despite my best hopes, it is apparent that my mother will need surgery earlier than anticipated. In light of this news, I have made the difficult decision to cancel my European tour in order to support her during her recovery. I ask everyone to please respect my family's privacy during this time."
Drake recently opened up about his mother's ailing health, admitting she is so ill, he's "scared" of losing her. In his MTV documentary "Drake: Better Than Good Enough", he said, "My mum is sick. So that scares me a lot. She's been the most supportive person I've ever had in my life - the only person that loves me unconditionally, really. I know a lot of people love me and I love a lot of people. But to love somebody unconditionally is different."
More Drake News
- Return to the Town of 'Twin Peaks' With New Eerie Promo
- J.K. Rowling Hints at Big Spoiler for 'Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 2'
- Meghan Markle Wants Prince Harry to Build Her 'Enormous' Shoe Room at Kensington Palace
- Kylie Jenner Licks Khloe Kardashian's Chest in Saucy Pic for 'KUWTK' 10th Anniversary
- Hacker Threatens to Leak 'Orange Is the New Black' Season 5 Unless Netflix Pays Ransom
- Sean Paul Connects With Migos for Epic Beach Party in New Video for 'Body'
- Justin Bieber 'Loves' Popping His Pimples Just to Get Attention
- 'Avengers: Infinity War' Will Be Set in Hogwarts Stand-In Location