Drake Cancels European Tour to Support Ailing Mom
Rapper Drake has been forced to pull out of plans to tour Europe so he can be by his sick mother's side as she undergoes "emergency" surgery for a mystery illness. The "Best I Ever Had" hitmaker was due to perform at a string of summer music festivals, including the Wireless, Oxygen and T In The Park events, in addition to a number of solo gigs across the continent.
But the shows have been scrapped so the Canadian star can fly home to support his mum. In a statement, he says, "Despite my best hopes, it is apparent that my mother will need surgery earlier than anticipated. In light of this news, I have made the difficult decision to cancel my European tour in order to support her during her recovery. I ask everyone to please respect my family's privacy during this time."
Drake recently opened up about his mother's ailing health, admitting she is so ill, he's "scared" of losing her. In his MTV documentary "Drake: Better Than Good Enough", he said, "My mum is sick. So that scares me a lot. She's been the most supportive person I've ever had in my life - the only person that loves me unconditionally, really. I know a lot of people love me and I love a lot of people. But to love somebody unconditionally is different."
More Drake News
- Chris Brown Is Released on $250K Bail, Lawyer Calls Assault Allegations 'Demonstrably False'
- Daniel Craig Goes Blonde for His Villain Role in 'Logan Lucky'
- Tyga Has His Ferrari Repossessed While Bentley Shopping With Kylie Jenner
- 'The Flash' Teases Flashpoint Storyline in First Official Images From Season 3
- Halsey Flashes Her Bare Crotch as She Ditches Panties for a VMA After-Party
- Marvel Developing 'New Warriors' Comedy Series Featuring Squirrel Girl
- Mark Hamill Shaves His Jedi Beard and Hints at His Return to 'Star Wars Episode IX'
- 'Supergirl' Casts Superman Villain Metallo for Season 2