Julianne Moore Wants Gay Marriage Legalized
Actress Julianne Moore is calling on U.S. legislators to legalize same sex marriage, insisting people of all sexual orientations should have the same rights. The "The Hours" star, who plays a lesbian with Annette Bening as her partner in new movie "The Kids Are All Right", admits she is dismayed that gay couples have been banned from celebrating their love in a traditional wedding ceremony.
So she has thrown her support behind a campaign to turn it into law, especially in her hometown of New York City. She tells WENN.com, "Absolutely, everyone should have the same rights. It's a right, no one should be denied that."
Moore isn't the only famous New York resident to lend her voice to the same sex marriage campaign - "Sex and the City" star Cynthia Nixon has been campaigning for the cause for the past year so she can wed her partner Christine Marinoni in the Big Apple.
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip
- Katie Holmes Looks Gloomy Amid Rumor She Gets 'Dumped' by Jamie Foxx
- New 'Game of Thrones' Set Video Captures the Monumental Meeting
- Jay-Z to Host Clinton Concert Aimed at Young Black Voters in Ohio
- Here's the First Look at Cate Blanchett and Sandra Bullock on 'Ocean's Eight' Set
- Lady GaGa Annoyed by Traffic in 'Carpool Karaoke'. Get the Sneak Peek!
- Ryan Lochte Celebrates His Dog's 8th Birthday for Three Consecutive Years