Julianne Moore Wants Gay Marriage Legalized
Actress Julianne Moore is calling on U.S. legislators to legalize same sex marriage, insisting people of all sexual orientations should have the same rights. The "The Hours" star, who plays a lesbian with Annette Bening as her partner in new movie "The Kids Are All Right", admits she is dismayed that gay couples have been banned from celebrating their love in a traditional wedding ceremony.
So she has thrown her support behind a campaign to turn it into law, especially in her hometown of New York City. She tells WENN.com, "Absolutely, everyone should have the same rights. It's a right, no one should be denied that."
Moore isn't the only famous New York resident to lend her voice to the same sex marriage campaign - "Sex and the City" star Cynthia Nixon has been campaigning for the cause for the past year so she can wed her partner Christine Marinoni in the Big Apple.
- Kim Kardashian Endorses Hillary Clinton, Shuts Down Rumor That She Votes for Donald Trump
- Angelina Jolie and Her Kids Move Into Rental House Amid Brad Pitt Divorce
- Find Out the Gender of Olivia Wilde's Second Child With Jason Sudeikis!
- Orlando Bloom and Malin Akerman Have Steamy Threesome on Netflix's 'Easy'
- Megan Hilty and Brian Gallagher Expecting Their Second Child
- Marion Cotillard's Partner Breaks Silence on Brad Pitt Affair Rumors
- Julia Roberts to Play PTA Mom Framed for Drug Possession in True-Story Movie
- Pippa Middleton's Private Photos Stolen After Her iCloud Got Hacked