Julianne Moore Wants Gay Marriage Legalized
Actress Julianne Moore is calling on U.S. legislators to legalize same sex marriage, insisting people of all sexual orientations should have the same rights. The "The Hours" star, who plays a lesbian with Annette Bening as her partner in new movie "The Kids Are All Right", admits she is dismayed that gay couples have been banned from celebrating their love in a traditional wedding ceremony.
So she has thrown her support behind a campaign to turn it into law, especially in her hometown of New York City. She tells WENN.com, "Absolutely, everyone should have the same rights. It's a right, no one should be denied that."
Moore isn't the only famous New York resident to lend her voice to the same sex marriage campaign - "Sex and the City" star Cynthia Nixon has been campaigning for the cause for the past year so she can wed her partner Christine Marinoni in the Big Apple.
More Julianne Moore News
- Iron Fist Shows His Martial Art Skills in New Photos of Netflix's Series
- Is Rihanna Not Happy With Beyonce Over Grammy Nominations?
- Wendy Williams Calls Nicki Minaj 'Insensive B***h' for Mocking Mentally Ill Woman
- Lady GaGa Pens 'Inspiring' Open Letter About Her Daily Effort to Battle With PTSD
- 'Bones': What Will Happen to the Jeffersonian? David Boreanaz Shares Photo of Destroyed Lab
- See Tom Hiddleston Accidentally Running Into 'Taylor Swift' During Morning Jog in London
- Andy Cohen Would Like to Hook Up With Justin Bieber
- Chanel Iman Stars in Flo Rida's Flashy Video for 'Zillionaire'