Julianne Moore Wants Gay Marriage Legalized
Actress Julianne Moore is calling on U.S. legislators to legalize same sex marriage, insisting people of all sexual orientations should have the same rights. The "The Hours" star, who plays a lesbian with Annette Bening as her partner in new movie "The Kids Are All Right", admits she is dismayed that gay couples have been banned from celebrating their love in a traditional wedding ceremony.
So she has thrown her support behind a campaign to turn it into law, especially in her hometown of New York City. She tells WENN.com, "Absolutely, everyone should have the same rights. It's a right, no one should be denied that."
Moore isn't the only famous New York resident to lend her voice to the same sex marriage campaign - "Sex and the City" star Cynthia Nixon has been campaigning for the cause for the past year so she can wed her partner Christine Marinoni in the Big Apple.
More Julianne Moore News
- Pressed About Gay Cover-Up Rumor, Here's How Will Smith Reacts
- Bryan Singer Confirms 'Legion' Will 'Relate' to Future 'X-Men' Movies
- Demi Lovato's Reportedly Dating UFC's Luke Rockhold
- Do You Ever Find Group Chat Annoying? Kerry Washington Perfectly Portrays It in Fake Movie Trailer
- Ellie Goulding Releases 'Still Falling for You' Video From 'Bridget Jones's Baby'
- So, This Is Apparently Why Jennifer Lopez Broke Up With Casper Smart
- Helen Mirren in Talks to Join New 'Nutcracker' Movie, Sarah Paulson Eying a Role in 'Ocean's Eight'
- Young Thug's 'No, My Name Is Jeffery' Album Cover Sparks Hilarious Memes