Chace Crawford's Drug Case Delayed to August
"Gossip Girl" star Chace Crawford" will have to wait to learn his fate for a charge of drug possession - his case has been continued to August 20. The actor was arrested on June 4 after police found an unlit marijuana joint on Crawford's person during a body search of the star in a parking lot in Plano, Texas.
The District Attorney filed a misdemeanor count of pot possession against the 24 year old last month and he is now facing six months behind bars. Crawford appeared in court in McKinney, Texas on Thursday, July 1 when a judge made the charge official, but the case has been put on hold until August, reports TMZ.com.
Ironically, Crawford plays a drug dealer in the film "Twelve". Directed by Joel Schumacher, the indie flick has Crawford playing White Mike, a teenage who supplies his ex-classmates on Manhattan's Upper East Side with a special type of drug.
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'