Dolly Parton: Don't Judge Miley Cyrus Too Harshly
Dolly Parton has defended her "honorary goddaughter" Miley Cyrus over her raunchy new image - insisting the teenager is just "trying to find her way". The 17-year-old Disney star has hit headlines in recent weeks with her saucy onstage antics, which have included flashing her flesh in revealing costumes and simulating a same-sex kiss with a female dancer as she promotes her new album "Can't Be Tamed".
But Parton, who has known the youngster for many years, is adamant Cyrus is just going through a rebellious phase and she shouldn't be judged too harshly. Parton tells Fox News, "I've known her since she was a baby. I hate it when people criticize her. (She is my) honorary goddaughter."
"She is a great singer; she has a great voice. She's a great little entertainer and she can speak to you like she is 50 years old. She'll land in the right place. I really know she has everything it takes. She is just trying to find her way and she will."
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal