Dolly Parton: Don't Judge Miley Cyrus Too Harshly
Dolly Parton has defended her "honorary goddaughter" Miley Cyrus over her raunchy new image - insisting the teenager is just "trying to find her way". The 17-year-old Disney star has hit headlines in recent weeks with her saucy onstage antics, which have included flashing her flesh in revealing costumes and simulating a same-sex kiss with a female dancer as she promotes her new album "Can't Be Tamed".
But Parton, who has known the youngster for many years, is adamant Cyrus is just going through a rebellious phase and she shouldn't be judged too harshly. Parton tells Fox News, "I've known her since she was a baby. I hate it when people criticize her. (She is my) honorary goddaughter."
"She is a great singer; she has a great voice. She's a great little entertainer and she can speak to you like she is 50 years old. She'll land in the right place. I really know she has everything it takes. She is just trying to find her way and she will."
- Is Rihanna's New Man Hassan Jameel the Reason Behind Her Alleged Feud With Naomi Campbell?
- MTV Responds to Criticism Over 'Teen Mom OG' Star Ryan Edwards' DUI Scene
- 'Riverdale' Season 2 May Introduce Toni Topaz
- Emily Blunt, Zoe Saldana and More Are Ponies and Manes in First Full Trailer for 'My Little Pony'
- Watch Steve Aoki, DVBBS and 2 Chainz's Futuristic Video for 'Without U'
- Rosie Huntington-Whiteley and Jason Statham Welcome Baby Boy. See His First Picture!
- 'This Is Us' Ups Two Actors to Series Regulars for Season 2
- Bad Blood! Jennifer Aniston and Chelsea Handler Are Feuding