Dolly Parton: Don't Judge Miley Cyrus Too Harshly
Dolly Parton has defended her "honorary goddaughter" Miley Cyrus over her raunchy new image - insisting the teenager is just "trying to find her way". The 17-year-old Disney star has hit headlines in recent weeks with her saucy onstage antics, which have included flashing her flesh in revealing costumes and simulating a same-sex kiss with a female dancer as she promotes her new album "Can't Be Tamed".
But Parton, who has known the youngster for many years, is adamant Cyrus is just going through a rebellious phase and she shouldn't be judged too harshly. Parton tells Fox News, "I've known her since she was a baby. I hate it when people criticize her. (She is my) honorary goddaughter."
"She is a great singer; she has a great voice. She's a great little entertainer and she can speak to you like she is 50 years old. She'll land in the right place. I really know she has everything it takes. She is just trying to find her way and she will."
- George and Amal Clooney Unabashedly Affectionate on Movie Set
- Kris Jenner Tearfully Blasts 'Disloyal' Kim Over Caitlyn Jenner Drama, Wants Her to Pick Sides
- Watch the First Teaser Trailer for Barack Obama Biopic 'Barry'
- Benedict Cumberbatch's Doctor Strange Not the Right Magician for Birthday Party. Watch It Yourself!
- Amy Adams Tries to Save The World From Aliens in Tense 'Arrival' Trailer
- Shania Twain Promises New Music, Carrie Underwood Gets Teary at CMT Artists of the Year
- Benedict Cumberbatch Is Expecting Second Child With Wife Sophie Hunter
- Ciara Drops Defamation Suit Against Ex Future Because She Has Too Much Money