Dolly Parton: Don't Judge Miley Cyrus Too Harshly
Dolly Parton has defended her "honorary goddaughter" Miley Cyrus over her raunchy new image - insisting the teenager is just "trying to find her way". The 17-year-old Disney star has hit headlines in recent weeks with her saucy onstage antics, which have included flashing her flesh in revealing costumes and simulating a same-sex kiss with a female dancer as she promotes her new album "Can't Be Tamed".
But Parton, who has known the youngster for many years, is adamant Cyrus is just going through a rebellious phase and she shouldn't be judged too harshly. Parton tells Fox News, "I've known her since she was a baby. I hate it when people criticize her. (She is my) honorary goddaughter."
"She is a great singer; she has a great voice. She's a great little entertainer and she can speak to you like she is 50 years old. She'll land in the right place. I really know she has everything it takes. She is just trying to find her way and she will."
- 'Supernatural' Casts David Haydn-Jones as a Mysterious Character
- Lin-Manuel Miranda Releases Tribute Rap for 'The West Wing'
- Kim Kardashian, Kylie and Kendall Jenner Dolled Up for 'Ocean's Eight' Cameo Filming
- Amanda Seyfried Dishes on Upcoming Low-Key Wedding to Thomas Sadoski
- Harley Quinn Might Appear on 'Gotham' Earlier Than Expected
- Soulja Boy Takes a Shot at Chris Brown, 50 Cent, Mike Tyson on New Song 'Stop Playing with Me'
- Is Tina Fey Making 'Mean Girls 2' Without Lindsay Lohan?
- Lady GaGa Builds a Dance Floor in Her Backyard, Shares Crazy Idea for Super Bowl Performance