Dolly Parton: Don't Judge Miley Cyrus Too Harshly
Dolly Parton has defended her "honorary goddaughter" Miley Cyrus over her raunchy new image - insisting the teenager is just "trying to find her way". The 17-year-old Disney star has hit headlines in recent weeks with her saucy onstage antics, which have included flashing her flesh in revealing costumes and simulating a same-sex kiss with a female dancer as she promotes her new album "Can't Be Tamed".
But Parton, who has known the youngster for many years, is adamant Cyrus is just going through a rebellious phase and she shouldn't be judged too harshly. Parton tells Fox News, "I've known her since she was a baby. I hate it when people criticize her. (She is my) honorary goddaughter."
"She is a great singer; she has a great voice. She's a great little entertainer and she can speak to you like she is 50 years old. She'll land in the right place. I really know she has everything it takes. She is just trying to find her way and she will."
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support
- Secretly Married? See Miley Cyrus' New Band on Her Ring Finger
- Meet the Ravagers From 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2'