Gwyneth Paltrow Urges Fans to Use Renewable Energy Sources Following BP Oil Spill
Gwyneth Paltrow is urging the public to become more environmentally-friendly in the wake of the Gulf Coast oil spill. The Hollywood actress is angry about the thousands of gallons of crude that spewed into the sea after a BP rig ruptured in April and she's convinced the catastrophe should encourage the use of renewable energy sources over fossil fuels.
And Paltrow is urging her fans to help out by making their own homes environmentally-friendly - she has dished out tips and advice in her weekly Goop newsletter, including passages from a book by environmentalist Amanda Little and lists of everyday hints that can help families go green.
The "Iron Man" star advises switching to energy-saving light bulbs, installing proper home insulation and reducing meat consumption. Paltrow also stresses the benefits of recycling, swapping cars for public transport and cutting down on air travel.
She writes, "Not only (do we need) to understand the ways in which fossil fuel consumption has shaped us, but what we can now do to lessen (or even end) our dependence on this dwindling resource."
More Gwyneth Paltrow News
- La La Vazquez Is Too Heartbroken to Join Kim Kardashian's Vacation in Mexico
- Harry Styles Makes a Mysterious Response to His Han Solo Casting Rumors
- G-Dragon and Sulli's Recent Instagram Posts Fuel Dating Speculation
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Pissed at Heather Morris' Shocking 'DWTS' Elimination
- Eww! Kim Kardashian Says Big Sis Kourtney Threw Up in Her Bed Four Times and Slept in It
- Scott Disick Hangs Out With Khloe Kardashian Look-Alike in the Beverly Hills Hotel
- Has Zoe Saldana Revealed 'Avengers 4' Title?
- Kendrick Lamar Announces 'The Damn. Tour' Dates