Michael Jackson's Documentary and Unheard Songs In Talks to Be Released
Michael Jackson's mother Katherine is reportedly in negotiations to produce a number of movies documenting her late son's life. The Jackson family matriarch is said to be teaming up with her new business partner Howard Mann, who collaborated on her recently-released coffee table book, for a series of films about the King of Pop.
Mann has allegedly paid millions of dollars to Jackson's former business partner Marc Schaffel for 26 hours of footage of the singer from his childhood to use in the movies. The clips, along with Katherine's extensive home-video collection, will form the basis of the big-screen ventures, according to TMZ.com.
The movies won't be Jackson's first posthumous appearance in cinemas - his concert film "This Is It" was released last year and has so far grossed more than $260 million. Katherine Jackson and Mann are also said to be negotiating record deals to release 273 unheard songs by the late singer.
More Michael Jackson News
- Awkward! Taylor Swift, Katy Perry and Ex John Mayer Attend Drake's Birthday Party
- Is Kendall Jenner Dating Anwar Hadid?
- Watch Ariana Grande and Bruno Mars Perform at Star-Studded We Can Survive Concert
- Kim Kardashian Angry at Beyonce for Not Reaching Out to Her After Paris Robbery
- Kim Zolciak Criticized for Posting Inappropriate Photo of 2-Year-Old Daughter Kaia
- New 'Game of Thrones' Photos Confirm the Highly Anticipated Meet-Up
- Pregnant Janet Jackson Steps Out in Full Islamic Dress
- Charlie Puth Cancels the Rest of His Tour Dates Because He's 'Extremely Sick'