Drake Flying High With Personalized Virgin America Plane
Rapper Drake has landed his own plane, courtesy of Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson. The hitmaker has become the first hip-hop artist to have a commercial airplane named after him.
Air Drake is the newest plane in the Virgin America fleet - it will ferry passengers between the rapper's native Toronto, Canada and California destinations. Drake and Branson took the inaugural flight on Wednesday, June 30 and the thrilled star said, "It's breathtaking... It's phenomenal."
Branson adds, "We're honored to name our plane Air Drake. He's Canadian through and through; he's one of the most successful Canadians. He bridges the gap between Canada and America very successfully."
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger joined Drake and Branson for a press conference in San Francisco, California on Wednesday morning during a stop over between Los Angeles and Toronto. Drake's image features on the side of the plane.
More Drake News
- 'Jack Ryan' Series to Tackle ISIS in Season 1, John Krasinski Reveals
- Jennifer Lopez and Casper Smart Break Up Again!
- 'Nashville' Season 5 Gets Premiere Date at CMT
- Doug Liman Abandons 'Gambit' Movie, Will Now Direct 'Justice League Dark'
- Kylie Jenner Bounces Back After Suffering From Food Poisoning
- AFI Cancels 'Birth of a Nation' Screening Amid Nate Parker Rape Trial Controversy
- Britney Spears Reveals She 'Almost Drowned' in Hawaii
- Kate Gosselin Sends Son Collin Away to Get Help for 'Special Needs'