Drake Flying High With Personalized Virgin America Plane
Rapper Drake has landed his own plane, courtesy of Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson. The hitmaker has become the first hip-hop artist to have a commercial airplane named after him.
Air Drake is the newest plane in the Virgin America fleet - it will ferry passengers between the rapper's native Toronto, Canada and California destinations. Drake and Branson took the inaugural flight on Wednesday, June 30 and the thrilled star said, "It's breathtaking... It's phenomenal."
Branson adds, "We're honored to name our plane Air Drake. He's Canadian through and through; he's one of the most successful Canadians. He bridges the gap between Canada and America very successfully."
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger joined Drake and Branson for a press conference in San Francisco, California on Wednesday morning during a stop over between Los Angeles and Toronto. Drake's image features on the side of the plane.
More Drake News
- Photos of Topless Maisie Williams Surface Online
- Time Magazine Receives Backlash After Picking Donald Trump as Person of the Year
- Official First Look at Spidey's Web Wings in 'Spider-Man: Homecoming' Unveiled
- George and Amal Clooney Are 'Living Separate Lives' and Ready for $300 Million Divorce
- Fergie's 'Double Dutchess' Is Coming in January With 3 Music Videos
- Ana and Christian Get Frisky in Eatery in New 'Fifty Shades Darker' Trailer
- NBC's 'Hairspray Live!': How Twitter Reacts
- Jonathan Cheban Calls KimYe Divorce Rumors 'Histerical', Says Couple Is 'in Good Spirits'