Drake Flying High With Personalized Virgin America Plane
Rapper Drake has landed his own plane, courtesy of Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson. The hitmaker has become the first hip-hop artist to have a commercial airplane named after him.
Air Drake is the newest plane in the Virgin America fleet - it will ferry passengers between the rapper's native Toronto, Canada and California destinations. Drake and Branson took the inaugural flight on Wednesday, June 30 and the thrilled star said, "It's breathtaking... It's phenomenal."
Branson adds, "We're honored to name our plane Air Drake. He's Canadian through and through; he's one of the most successful Canadians. He bridges the gap between Canada and America very successfully."
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger joined Drake and Branson for a press conference in San Francisco, California on Wednesday morning during a stop over between Los Angeles and Toronto. Drake's image features on the side of the plane.
More Drake News
- Kristen Stewart Uncharacteristically Cheerful During Outing With Stella Maxwell
- Halsey Unveils 'Hopeless Fountain Kingdom' Track List
- Kylie Jenner Hits Back at Critics Accusing Her of Photoshopping Her Sexy Selfie
- Robert Downey Jr.'s 'Doctor Dolittle' Moves Up Release Date to Avoid 'Star Wars: Episode IX'
- 'Star Trek: Discovery' Adds 'Battlestar Galactica', 'Jericho' Stars and More
- DMX Enters Rehab After Canceling Three Shows
- Katy Perry's Reportedly Jealous Seeing Orlando Bloom Moving On So Fast With Nina Dobrev
- 'Big Bang Theory' Stars Mayim Bialik and Melissa Rauch Reach New Deals After Salary Raises