Drake Flying High With Personalized Virgin America Plane
Rapper Drake has landed his own plane, courtesy of Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson. The hitmaker has become the first hip-hop artist to have a commercial airplane named after him.
Air Drake is the newest plane in the Virgin America fleet - it will ferry passengers between the rapper's native Toronto, Canada and California destinations. Drake and Branson took the inaugural flight on Wednesday, June 30 and the thrilled star said, "It's breathtaking... It's phenomenal."
Branson adds, "We're honored to name our plane Air Drake. He's Canadian through and through; he's one of the most successful Canadians. He bridges the gap between Canada and America very successfully."
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger joined Drake and Branson for a press conference in San Francisco, California on Wednesday morning during a stop over between Los Angeles and Toronto. Drake's image features on the side of the plane.
More Drake News
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding