Drake Flying High With Personalized Virgin America Plane
Rapper Drake has landed his own plane, courtesy of Virgin boss Sir Richard Branson. The hitmaker has become the first hip-hop artist to have a commercial airplane named after him.
Air Drake is the newest plane in the Virgin America fleet - it will ferry passengers between the rapper's native Toronto, Canada and California destinations. Drake and Branson took the inaugural flight on Wednesday, June 30 and the thrilled star said, "It's breathtaking... It's phenomenal."
Branson adds, "We're honored to name our plane Air Drake. He's Canadian through and through; he's one of the most successful Canadians. He bridges the gap between Canada and America very successfully."
California Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger joined Drake and Branson for a press conference in San Francisco, California on Wednesday morning during a stop over between Los Angeles and Toronto. Drake's image features on the side of the plane.
More Drake News
- 'True Blood' Alum Stephen Moyer Lands Lead Role on FOX's 'X-Men' Series Pilot
- Mariah Carey's Boobs Almost Spill Out of Her Plunging Dress at Vanity Fair's Oscars Party
- Selena Gomez and The Weeknd Go for a Date Night in Paris as Bella Hadid Parties Just Blocks Away
- Russell Crowe May Portray Cable in 'Deadpool 2'
- Keyshia Cole Punishes Cheating Boyfriend in 'You' Music Video Ft. Remy Ma and French Montana
- Vera Farmiga Set to Star as Millie Bobby Brown's On-Screen Mother in 'Godzilla 2'
- Lorde Teases Upcoming Music With Mysterious Ad
- 'The Voice' Season 12 Premiere: Gwen Stefani Returns as Coach and Wins the First Four-Way Battle