Too Scary, 'Paranormal Activity 2' Trailer Pulled
The trailer for new horror movie "Paranormal Activity 2" has been pulled from cinemas in Texas because of complaints it is too scary. The promo for the film started to run in movie theaters prior to midnight screenings of "The Twilight Saga's Eclipse" on Wednesday, June 30.
The clip caused cinema-goers to complain to bosses at the Cinemark chain about the frightening footage. U.S. host Ryan Seacrest even took to his Twitter.com page to warn film fans about the trailer, writing, "Paranormal Activity 2 teaser trailer... hold someone."
Officials at Cinemark have now removed the promo from a number of complexes in Texas, reports Variety.
Similar to the first movie, "Paranormal Activity 2" is presented in the style of found footage from the camera set up to capture what is haunting the residents. It will be released in the U.S. cinemas on October 22.
- MTV VMAs 2016: Beyonce and Adele Lead Nominations, Nick Jonas Is 'Disappointed' About His Snub
- Rihanna, Kendrick Lamar, Selena Gomez, Metallica to Perform at 2016 Global Citizen Concert
- Rihanna Warns Fans Not to Play Pokemon Go at Her Concert as Beyonce and Adele Face Same Issue
- Disney Plans 'Han Solo' Trilogy With Alden Ehrenreich
- Chrissy Teigen and Kim Kardashian Fought With Their Husbands at Each Other's Wedding
- Karl Urban Debuts His 'Thor: Ragnarok' Look. See His Newly Shaved Head
- Matt Damon and Jimmy Kimmel Go to Couples Therapy Again. Does It Work This Time?
- Jeremy Renner's Ex Claims He Refuses to Pay Child Support