Lindsay Lohan Failed to Pay Boutique Bills and Sued
Lindsay Lohan is facing a lawsuit from bosses at a Los Angeles fashion store who allege the actress owes them thousands of dollars in unpaid bills. The "Mean Girls" star never paid up for clothing, jewelery and accessories from the Church Boutique, according to papers filed by the shop owners David Malvaney and Rodney Burns on Wednesday, June 30.
The pair claims Lohan has only paid $180 of a total $17,060 sum she built up in shopping sprees between November 2009 and February this year. And the store owners insist they wouldn't have let Lohan take the items if they had realized she had "no intention" of paying.
The documents read, "Plaintiff's reliance on Lohan's representations (that her business manager would take care of it) were justified due to the celebrity of Lohan and her well-known status as a movie actress with substantial income."
The shop owners' attorney Bill Crockett tells E! News, "Filing suit was the last thing we wanted to do, but after six months of not being paid, my clients were left with no choice. They started this business from scratch, and that they have been successful in attracting an elite clientele does not mean they should be abused."
Malvaney and Burns have accused Lohan of committing premeditated fraud and are seeking to recuperate the balance, plus interest and punitive damages, reports TMZ.com.
More Lindsay Lohan News
- Watch Danny Brown's Graphic Video for 'Ain't It Funny', Directed by Jonah Hill
- 'DWTS': After Alleged Diva Behavior, Nancy Kerrigan Now Threatens to Quit the Show
- Prince's Ex-Wife Reveals Devastating Addiction and Secret Overdoses Before His Tragic Death
- Casey Affleck Is a White-Sheeted Ghost in 'A Ghost Story' First Trailer
- Drake Postpones Amsterdam Concert Due to Extreme Food Poisoning
- Watch Lorde's Sweet 'Green Light' Remix About Creme Eggs
- Cheryl and Liam Payne Planning an 'Intimate Quickie Wedding' After Welcoming Their Son
- Steamy Photos of 'Supergirl' Stars Melissa Benoist and Chris Wood Confirm Their Romance