Jeffrey Jones Arrested for Failing to Register as Sex Offender
"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" star Jeffrey Jones has been arrested after failing to re-register as a sex offender. The actor was arrested in 2003 after he was caught in possession of child pornography and for employing a 14-year-old boy to pose for pornographic photographs.
The possession of child pornography charge against him was dropped after the actor pleaded no contest to inducing a minor to pose for sexually explicit photographs. He was sentenced to five years' probation and told he had to register as a sex offender every year.
But Jones failed to update the register on his 63rd birthday in September 2009 and he has since been arrested for not keeping his status updated. He was taken into custody last week and later freed on $20,000 bail, according to TMZ.
It's the second time Jones has been arrested for failing to keep the sex offender register current, in 2004 he failed to notify authorities he had changed address. Jones is due for arraignment on July 14. If convicted he faces up to three years behind bars.
- 'Game of Thrones' Stars Talk About the Bloodbath and Power Transfer in Season Finale
- Deadpool Makes Surprise Appearance in 'X-Men: Apocalypse' Japanese Trailer
- 50 Cent Arrested in the Caribbean for Saying 'Motherf**ker' at Music Festival
- Adele Burps While Taking Selfie With a Fan Onstage. See the Hilarious Video
- Rihanna Previews New Song 'Sledgehammer' From 'Star Trek Beyond'
- Mariah Carey Shows Off Bare Butts at Her DJ Debut in Las Vegas
- Justin Timberlake Attacked by Twitter Users for His Comment on Jesse Williams' BET Awards Speech
- Artist of the Week: Calvin Harris