Jeffrey Jones Arrested for Failing to Register as Sex Offender
"Ferris Bueller's Day Off" star Jeffrey Jones has been arrested after failing to re-register as a sex offender. The actor was arrested in 2003 after he was caught in possession of child pornography and for employing a 14-year-old boy to pose for pornographic photographs.
The possession of child pornography charge against him was dropped after the actor pleaded no contest to inducing a minor to pose for sexually explicit photographs. He was sentenced to five years' probation and told he had to register as a sex offender every year.
But Jones failed to update the register on his 63rd birthday in September 2009 and he has since been arrested for not keeping his status updated. He was taken into custody last week and later freed on $20,000 bail, according to TMZ.
It's the second time Jones has been arrested for failing to keep the sex offender register current, in 2004 he failed to notify authorities he had changed address. Jones is due for arraignment on July 14. If convicted he faces up to three years behind bars.
- Drama 'Super Family' Is Under Fire for Using Jessica Jung's Name as a Deceased
- Orlando Bloom Spotted Having Dinner With Mysterious Brunette
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' New Season 3 Promo Shows How Brutal Survival Is
- Orlando Bloom Broke Noomi Rapace's Nose on 'Unlocked' Filming Set
- 'X-Men' TV Pilot 'Gifted' Reveals First Look at Stan Lee Cameo
- Travis Scott Dating Kylie Jenner Is Career Suicide, His Pals Think
- Not Pleased With Her Body, Kendall Jenner Is Dying to Be Like Emily Ratajkowski
- Nicki Minaj to Release a Surprise Project on Tidal