Tom Cruise Paid Sister's College Fee With First Pay Check
Tom Cruise shunned extravagant material gifts when he landed his first big acting pay check - he used the money to pay for one of his sisters to attend college instead. The generous Hollywood star decided to share his good fortune with his beloved three sisters when he hit the big time, and splashed out thousands to put one through school.
He tells People magazine, "I paid for one of my sisters' college education. And my little sister worked for me when I had a paper route; I always told her I'd pay her back. I bought her a car after 'Risky Business'."
Professionally, Tom Cruise has got his latest movie "Knight & Day" released in the U.S. on June 23. Debuted on the third spot at North American Box Office, the movie grosses $20.1 million on its opening weekend.
More Tom Cruise News
- Live Nation Confirms Jeremih Is Removed From PARTYNEXTDOOR's Tour
- Jay-Z Turns 47! Beyonce, Tina Knowles and Kelly Rowland Celebrate Rapper's Birthday in L.A.
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Ties the Knot with Joana Pak
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy and Peta Murgatroyd Kicked Out of Childbirth Class - Here Is Why!
- 'Luke Cage' Renewed for Season 2 at Netflix
- 'Glee' Star Becca Tobin Marries Zach Martin - Check Out Her Wedding Pics!
- Donald Trump Calls 'SNL' Unwatchable, Alec Baldwin Reacts
- Jensen Ackles and Danneel Harris Welcome Twin Babies