Tom Cruise Paid Sister's College Fee With First Pay Check
Tom Cruise shunned extravagant material gifts when he landed his first big acting pay check - he used the money to pay for one of his sisters to attend college instead. The generous Hollywood star decided to share his good fortune with his beloved three sisters when he hit the big time, and splashed out thousands to put one through school.
He tells People magazine, "I paid for one of my sisters' college education. And my little sister worked for me when I had a paper route; I always told her I'd pay her back. I bought her a car after 'Risky Business'."
Professionally, Tom Cruise has got his latest movie "Knight & Day" released in the U.S. on June 23. Debuted on the third spot at North American Box Office, the movie grosses $20.1 million on its opening weekend.
More Tom Cruise News
- Stephen Colbert to Host 2017 Emmy Awards
- Justin Bieber Shaves His Head Again - Is It Because of Selena Gomez?
- Joanna Krupa Causes Internet Frenzy After Seemingly Posing Fully-Naked
- David Ayer Regrets That Joker Is Not 'Suicide Squad' Main Villain
- Robin Excitedly Tries on Different Costumes in First 'Lego Batman Movie' Clip
- Kendall Jenner Flashes Her Breasts in Sheer Top While Strolling Around Paris
- Kanye West Reportedly Ready to Continue His Canceled 'Saint Pablo' Tour
- Chelsea Clinton Branded Hypocrite After Defending Barron Trump From Cyberbullies