Tom Cruise Paid Sister's College Fee With First Pay Check
Tom Cruise shunned extravagant material gifts when he landed his first big acting pay check - he used the money to pay for one of his sisters to attend college instead. The generous Hollywood star decided to share his good fortune with his beloved three sisters when he hit the big time, and splashed out thousands to put one through school.
He tells People magazine, "I paid for one of my sisters' college education. And my little sister worked for me when I had a paper route; I always told her I'd pay her back. I bought her a car after 'Risky Business'."
Professionally, Tom Cruise has got his latest movie "Knight & Day" released in the U.S. on June 23. Debuted on the third spot at North American Box Office, the movie grosses $20.1 million on its opening weekend.
- 'Suicide Squad' Director Addresses Joker Fan Theory
- Blac Chyna Gets Love From Kim While Attending a Kardashian Family Event Sans Rob
- Khloe Kardashian Slams Donald Trump as Elizabeth Banks Likens Him to 'Hunger Games' Character
- Not a Wise Spender, Kylie Jenner Is Reportedly Nearly Broke
- 'Suicide Squad' Star Ike Barinholtz Welcomes Second Baby With Wife
- T.J. Miller Parties Hard in First 'Office Christmas Party' Trailer
- Watch Stephen Colbert Crash and Get Kicked Off DNC Stage During 'Hunger Games' Spoof
- Kendall Jenner on Freeing Her Nipples: 'I Don't See What the Big Deal Is'