Tom Cruise Paid Sister's College Fee With First Pay Check
Tom Cruise shunned extravagant material gifts when he landed his first big acting pay check - he used the money to pay for one of his sisters to attend college instead. The generous Hollywood star decided to share his good fortune with his beloved three sisters when he hit the big time, and splashed out thousands to put one through school.
He tells People magazine, "I paid for one of my sisters' college education. And my little sister worked for me when I had a paper route; I always told her I'd pay her back. I bought her a car after 'Risky Business'."
Professionally, Tom Cruise has got his latest movie "Knight & Day" released in the U.S. on June 23. Debuted on the third spot at North American Box Office, the movie grosses $20.1 million on its opening weekend.
More Tom Cruise News
- Cuba Gooding Jr. Generates Online Outrage After Lifting Up Sarah Paulson's Skirt at PaleyFest
- New Footage of 'Blade Runner 2049' Is Screened at CinemaCon
- Nina Agdal Flaunts Her Enviable Figure in Skimpy Bikinis for New Swimwear Campaign
- Matthew Morrison Joins 'Grey's Anatomy' in Mystery Role. Get the First Look
- Idris Elba and Matthew McConaughey Confront Each Other in 'The Dark Tower' First Footage
- Kris Jenner's 'Desperate to Hook Up' With O.J. Simpson. What About Toy Boy Corey Gamble?
- The Weeknd Secretly Serenades Selena Gomez at Brazilian Concert Backstage
- 'Arrow': Katie Cassidy Returns for Season 6 as Series Regular With a Twist