Tom Cruise Paid Sister's College Fee With First Pay Check
Tom Cruise shunned extravagant material gifts when he landed his first big acting pay check - he used the money to pay for one of his sisters to attend college instead. The generous Hollywood star decided to share his good fortune with his beloved three sisters when he hit the big time, and splashed out thousands to put one through school.
He tells People magazine, "I paid for one of my sisters' college education. And my little sister worked for me when I had a paper route; I always told her I'd pay her back. I bought her a car after 'Risky Business'."
Professionally, Tom Cruise has got his latest movie "Knight & Day" released in the U.S. on June 23. Debuted on the third spot at North American Box Office, the movie grosses $20.1 million on its opening weekend.
More Tom Cruise News
- 'Mary Poppins Returns' Gets Christmas Release Date and Official Synopsis
- Khloe Kardashian Cozying Up to Odell Beckham Jr. at Drake's Memorial Day Party
- Keira Knightley Defended by Directors and Fellow Stars After John Carney Trashed Her
- Jena Malone and Boyfriend Welcome Baby Boy - Meet Baby Ode!
- 'Shield' Actor Michael Jace Convicted of Second-Degree Murder for Shooting His Wife
- First Look at Harry, Ginny and Albus in 'Harry Potter and the Cursed Child'
- Mark Salling Fired From 'Gods and Secrets' After Indicted for Child Pornography
- Emilia Clarke Wants to Be the First Female James Bond With This Hunk as Her Bond 'Boy'