Slum Village to Split After New Album
Iconic rap group Slum Village will be no more after the release of its upcoming album. The band, now comprising of Elzhi, Illa J and founding rapper T3, is putting the final touches to its latest project, "Villa Manifesto" - but the disc will be its last as Slum Village.
Breaking the news on his Twitter.com blog, T3 writes, "One more thing... this is the last Slum Village album." Fellow member Elzhi tweeted also, "Not sure what's going on ... I hope Slum Village's label and T3's manager respect what I do for SV. Either way I appreciate yall support."
The revelation comes a year after the death of original rapper Baatin, and four years since producer J Dilla, the third founding member, died from complications from a blood disease in 2006.
"Villa Manifesto" is due for release in July.
- 'DWTS' Pro Peta Murgatroyd and Maksim Chmerkovskiy Expecting First Child, but Something Upset Them
- Ben Affleck Gives Jennifer Garner 11-Carat Diamond Ahead of Their Anniversary - Is It True?
- Iggy Azalea Teases Collaboration With Zedd After Pushing Back Her Album's Release
- Kanye West Ready to Take Legal Action if Sex Tapes Leak
- Yikes! Kendall and Kylie Jenner Reportedly in 'Bizarre Love Triangle' With Scott Disick
- New 'Luke Cage' Set Photos Reveal Villain Diamondback
- Tom Hanks and Rita Wilson's Marriage Reportedly Crumbles. Here's the Truth
- Prince Hated the Idea of Appearing in a Music Video With Madonna