Slum Village to Split After New Album
Iconic rap group Slum Village will be no more after the release of its upcoming album. The band, now comprising of Elzhi, Illa J and founding rapper T3, is putting the final touches to its latest project, "Villa Manifesto" - but the disc will be its last as Slum Village.
Breaking the news on his Twitter.com blog, T3 writes, "One more thing... this is the last Slum Village album." Fellow member Elzhi tweeted also, "Not sure what's going on ... I hope Slum Village's label and T3's manager respect what I do for SV. Either way I appreciate yall support."
The revelation comes a year after the death of original rapper Baatin, and four years since producer J Dilla, the third founding member, died from complications from a blood disease in 2006.
"Villa Manifesto" is due for release in July.
- Kylie Jenner Awkwardly Gets Turned Down When Trying to Carry Tyga's Son King Cairo
- Mandy Moore and Milo Ventimiglia Share Adorable 'This Is Us' Family Photos. See Who's Missing
- Ryan Reynolds Wants 'Deadpool' / 'Wolverine' Crossover to Happen
- Kanye West Sports Wedding Ring While Riding BMX Amid Kim Kardashian Divorce Rumors
- Watch Hailee Steinfeld, Fifth Harmony and More Perform at the 2016 Billboard Women in Music
- Reese Witherspoon Teams Up With Nick Kroll for EDM Rendition of 'Shake It Off'
- 'Puff the Magic Dragon' Gets Live-Action/Animated Hybrid Movie
- Mila Kunis Shows Impressive Post-Baby Body After Giving Birth to Son Dimitri