Slum Village to Split After New Album
Iconic rap group Slum Village will be no more after the release of its upcoming album. The band, now comprising of Elzhi, Illa J and founding rapper T3, is putting the final touches to its latest project, "Villa Manifesto" - but the disc will be its last as Slum Village.
Breaking the news on his Twitter.com blog, T3 writes, "One more thing... this is the last Slum Village album." Fellow member Elzhi tweeted also, "Not sure what's going on ... I hope Slum Village's label and T3's manager respect what I do for SV. Either way I appreciate yall support."
The revelation comes a year after the death of original rapper Baatin, and four years since producer J Dilla, the third founding member, died from complications from a blood disease in 2006.
"Villa Manifesto" is due for release in July.
- Lady GaGa Is Obsessed With Barbra Streisand
- 'Katrina: American Crime Story' Taps Matthew Broderick to Play Michael D. Brown
- Lauren Graham and Dylan McDermott to Lead FOX's New Comedy Pilots
- Kanye West to Launch Makeup for Men
- Emma Watson Shines Like a Princess at 'Beauty and the Beast' Premiere in London
- Listen to Zedd and Alessia Cara's New Single 'Stay'
- Oops! Gigi Hadid Stumbles During Moschino Show at Milan Fashion Week
- Kris Jenner Is Ready to Fight for Full Custody of Rob's Daughter Dream