Slum Village to Split After New Album
Iconic rap group Slum Village will be no more after the release of its upcoming album. The band, now comprising of Elzhi, Illa J and founding rapper T3, is putting the final touches to its latest project, "Villa Manifesto" - but the disc will be its last as Slum Village.
Breaking the news on his Twitter.com blog, T3 writes, "One more thing... this is the last Slum Village album." Fellow member Elzhi tweeted also, "Not sure what's going on ... I hope Slum Village's label and T3's manager respect what I do for SV. Either way I appreciate yall support."
The revelation comes a year after the death of original rapper Baatin, and four years since producer J Dilla, the third founding member, died from complications from a blood disease in 2006.
"Villa Manifesto" is due for release in July.
- 'Logan' Producer Hints at X-23 Solo Movie
- Jamie Foxx Called 'Disrespectful' by Nyle DiMarco for Making Up Sign Language on 'Fallon'
- John Boyega Play in London Cut Short Due to Bomb Threat
- Joseph Duggar Engaged to Kendra Caldwell at His Sister Joy-Anna's Wedding
- Gregg Allman Dies After Battle With Liver Cancer, Ex-Wife Cher Mourns Him
- Watch a Preview of Halsey and Lauren Jauregui's 'Strangers' Video
- Beyonce Channels Michael Jackson in Throwback Photos
- Blac Chyna Licks Christina Milian's Boob in NSFW Pic