'Glee' Reality Spin-Off to Debut 2011
Hit musical comedy "Glee" is getting the reality TV treatment - an unscripted spin-off is reportedly set to debut next year.
Bosses at cable TV network Oxygen have acquired syndication rights to the Fox channel's high school musical series starring Matthew Morrison and Jane Lynch, with plans to begin airing reruns in 2013. And network executives are planning to launch a reality companion series in the mean time, reports Entertainment Weekly.
Details of the spin-off show have yet to be released. A proposed "Glee" reality show, in which unknowns would compete to appear in episodes of the fictional show alongside its stars, was reportedly scrapped by Fox bosses last week.
- Josh Gad Recruits Chris Pratt, J.J. Abrams and More to Get 'Star Wars' Spoilers From Daisy Ridley
- Kris Jenner Reveals Whether She Will Marry Corey Gamble
- First Photo of 'The Predator' Cast in Costume Unveiled
- Calvin Harris Teases Collaborative Song With Frank Ocean and Offset
- 'Mission: Impossible 6' Will Feature Ethan Hunt's Emotional Journey, Says Director
- Jennifer Lopez on Drake and Dating Younger Men: 'It Has Nothing to Do With Age'
- 'The Bachelor' Recap: Nick Gets Surprise Visit From Ex Andi Dorfman After Hometown Dates
- Drake Gives a Birthday Shout Out to Rihanna During Concert