Overworked Former Employee Sues R. Kelly
R&B star R. Kelly has been slapped with a lawsuit from a former employee over allegations of unpaid wages. The "I Believe I Can Fly" hitmaker is accused of failing to compensate Anthony Navarro for overtime hours he racked up in 2007, while Kelly was on tour.
In his legal papers, filed in an Illinois court, Navarro claims he and his fellow workers were sometimes forced to work more than 80 hours a week to help with studio and tour preparations. They were reportedly contracted to be paid time-and-a-half for the additional hours but Navarro alleges he was only paid at the normal rate.
He has also named Kelly's production company, Bass Productions Ltd., in the lawsuit and has cited the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law in his court filing. He is seeking undisclosed damages and court costs.
- Chris Pratt Name Drops Jennifer Lawrence in Christmas-Themed Mad Lib Theater With Jimmy Fallon
- Drake and Aaliyah's Posthumous Collaboration 'Talk Is Cheap' Surfaces Online
- Tom Hanks Puts Emma Watson in Danger in 'The Circle' Teaser Trailer
- Mariah Carey Flaunts Her Curves in Peek-a-Boo Dress After Christmas Concert With Bryan Tanaka
- Watch Fiona Apple Sing Anti-Donald Trump Christmas Carol
- Sofia Vergara Gets Sued by Her Own Embryos as Legal Battle With Ex Continues
- Watch Shawn Mendes Cover Drake's 'Fake Love' on 'Live Lounge'
- 'Walking Dead' Star Steven Yeun Is Expecting First Child With Wife Joana Pak