Overworked Former Employee Sues R. Kelly
R&B star R. Kelly has been slapped with a lawsuit from a former employee over allegations of unpaid wages. The "I Believe I Can Fly" hitmaker is accused of failing to compensate Anthony Navarro for overtime hours he racked up in 2007, while Kelly was on tour.
In his legal papers, filed in an Illinois court, Navarro claims he and his fellow workers were sometimes forced to work more than 80 hours a week to help with studio and tour preparations. They were reportedly contracted to be paid time-and-a-half for the additional hours but Navarro alleges he was only paid at the normal rate.
He has also named Kelly's production company, Bass Productions Ltd., in the lawsuit and has cited the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law in his court filing. He is seeking undisclosed damages and court costs.
- Amber Rose Cozying Up to 'DWTS' Pro Val Chmerkovskiy at Her Birthday Party
- Fans Petition 'Deadpool 2' to Hire Quentin Tarantino After Tim Miller's Exit
- It's Not a Perfect Illusion. Lady GaGa Exposes Bare Crotch in Super Tiny Shorts
- Watch President Obama's Perfect Response to Donald Trump's Mean Tweet
- Khloe Kardashian and Tristan Are 'Getting Serious' as She Finalizes Divorce From Lamar Odom
- New 'John Wick: Chapter Two' Images Reveal Bruce Lee's 'Enter the Dragon'-Inspired Setting
- Kourtney Kardashian Channels Evil Queen in Halloween Costume
- Watch Dwayne Johnson Sing 'You're Welcome' in New 'Moana' Clip