Overworked Former Employee Sues R. Kelly
R&B star R. Kelly has been slapped with a lawsuit from a former employee over allegations of unpaid wages. The "I Believe I Can Fly" hitmaker is accused of failing to compensate Anthony Navarro for overtime hours he racked up in 2007, while Kelly was on tour.
In his legal papers, filed in an Illinois court, Navarro claims he and his fellow workers were sometimes forced to work more than 80 hours a week to help with studio and tour preparations. They were reportedly contracted to be paid time-and-a-half for the additional hours but Navarro alleges he was only paid at the normal rate.
He has also named Kelly's production company, Bass Productions Ltd., in the lawsuit and has cited the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law in his court filing. He is seeking undisclosed damages and court costs.
- Pregnant Blac Chyna Gets Striptease From Mariah Carey's Dancer on Vegas Stage
- Aziz Ansari Puts Donald Trump on Blast in Scathing Op-Ed Over Anti-Muslim Remarks
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'