Overworked Former Employee Sues R. Kelly
R&B star R. Kelly has been slapped with a lawsuit from a former employee over allegations of unpaid wages. The "I Believe I Can Fly" hitmaker is accused of failing to compensate Anthony Navarro for overtime hours he racked up in 2007, while Kelly was on tour.
In his legal papers, filed in an Illinois court, Navarro claims he and his fellow workers were sometimes forced to work more than 80 hours a week to help with studio and tour preparations. They were reportedly contracted to be paid time-and-a-half for the additional hours but Navarro alleges he was only paid at the normal rate.
He has also named Kelly's production company, Bass Productions Ltd., in the lawsuit and has cited the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law in his court filing. He is seeking undisclosed damages and court costs.
- 'Fate of the Furious' Will Start a New Trilogy, Vin Diesel Says
- Nicki Minaj Flaunts Her Body in Gucci Mane's 'Make Love' Music Video
- See David Beckham's Face Ruined for 'King Arthur' Movie!
- Lamar Odom Admits to Drugs Abuse and Multiple Affairs During Khloe Kardashian Marriage
- Pennywise the Clown Preys on Kids in 'It' Teaser Trailer
- Portia de Rossi Wants Ellen DeGeneres to Enter Rehab
- Kelly Ripa Involved in Drug Overdose Scandal
- Justin Timberlake Teases His Upcoming Collab With Timbaland and Pharrell