Overworked Former Employee Sues R. Kelly
R&B star R. Kelly has been slapped with a lawsuit from a former employee over allegations of unpaid wages. The "I Believe I Can Fly" hitmaker is accused of failing to compensate Anthony Navarro for overtime hours he racked up in 2007, while Kelly was on tour.
In his legal papers, filed in an Illinois court, Navarro claims he and his fellow workers were sometimes forced to work more than 80 hours a week to help with studio and tour preparations. They were reportedly contracted to be paid time-and-a-half for the additional hours but Navarro alleges he was only paid at the normal rate.
He has also named Kelly's production company, Bass Productions Ltd., in the lawsuit and has cited the U.S. Fair Labor Standards Act and the Illinois Minimum Wage Law in his court filing. He is seeking undisclosed damages and court costs.
- 'Game of Thrones' Showrunners Help Jimmy Kimmel Poke Fun at Hodor Twist
- Is Marriage on the Cards for Sandra Bullock and Boyfriend Bryan Randall?
- Chloe Grace Moretz Gets New Sweet Tattoo. See the Pic!
- 'Fear the Walking Dead' Star Frank Dillane Arrested Following Altercation With Security Guard
- Katherine Webb and NFL Star Husband AJ McCarron Welcome First Child
- George R. R. Martin Revealed Three Huge Twists to 'Game of Thrones' Producers. What Are They?
- Take a Look at Pink's Awkward Reaction When Her Celebrity Crush Johnny Depp Surprises Her
- Brad Pitt Saves Young Girl From Being Crushed by Excited Fans. See His Heroic Action!