Aretha Franklin to Duet With Condoleezza Rice for Charity Concert
Aretha Franklin is teaming up with an unusual collaborator at an upcoming show - former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. The "Respect" hitmaker will join forces with her politician pal, who is a classically trained pianist, for a charity concert in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania next month, July 27.
The gig will incorporate some of Franklin's biggest hits as well as a number of opera tracks - and the singer can't wait for the special show. She tells the New York Post, "Ms. Rice is a consummate classical pianist and since I sing the arias, I thought that we could do something - a bipartisan effort for our favorite charities."
The Mann Center's website says former Secretary of State Rice will accompany Franklin on piano for "Say A Little Prayer", "Natural Woman", selections from Mozart and more. The gig is aimed to benefit for programs that support inner city children and its own education initiatives.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Nicki Minaj Teases Music Video for David Guetta's 'Light My Body Up' With On-Set Photo
- Watch Little Mix's Dreamy Cover of Rihanna's 'Love on the Brain'
- 'Walking Dead' Alum Steven Yeun and Wife Joana Pak Share First Photo of Their Newborn Baby
- Mama June Feels 'Like Frankenstein' After Skin Removal Surgery. Is She Giving Up?
- Blake Shelton and Gwen Stefani 'Torn Apart' by Her 'Flirtation' With 'The Voice' Contestant
- Katy Perry Reportedly Still Loves John Mayer. Will They Rekindle Their Romance?
- Trey Songz Slams Nicki Minaj: She Ain't Had S**t Before Me
- Han Solo Movie Adds 'Sing Street' Star Ian Kenny