Aretha Franklin to Duet With Condoleezza Rice for Charity Concert
Aretha Franklin is teaming up with an unusual collaborator at an upcoming show - former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. The "Respect" hitmaker will join forces with her politician pal, who is a classically trained pianist, for a charity concert in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania next month, July 27.
The gig will incorporate some of Franklin's biggest hits as well as a number of opera tracks - and the singer can't wait for the special show. She tells the New York Post, "Ms. Rice is a consummate classical pianist and since I sing the arias, I thought that we could do something - a bipartisan effort for our favorite charities."
The Mann Center's website says former Secretary of State Rice will accompany Franklin on piano for "Say A Little Prayer", "Natural Woman", selections from Mozart and more. The gig is aimed to benefit for programs that support inner city children and its own education initiatives.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Derek Hough and Tony Dovolani Not Returning for 'Dancing with the Stars' Season 24
- Colton Haynes to Make Live Singing Debut in Tribute Performance for George Michael
- 'Jurassic World 2' First Set Photo Arrives as Filming Begins
- Behati Prinsloo Wows on First Post-Baby Runway Show at Milan Fashion Week
- A Green Lantern Is Reportedly Confirmed in 'Justice League'
- New Photos Seem to Confirm Diane Kruger and Norman Reedus' Romance Rumors
- 'Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.': Is Nick Blood Returning in Season 4?
- Happy 'Twin Peaks' Day! Showtime Unveils Posters for Revival