Aretha Franklin to Duet With Condoleezza Rice for Charity Concert
Aretha Franklin is teaming up with an unusual collaborator at an upcoming show - former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. The "Respect" hitmaker will join forces with her politician pal, who is a classically trained pianist, for a charity concert in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania next month, July 27.
The gig will incorporate some of Franklin's biggest hits as well as a number of opera tracks - and the singer can't wait for the special show. She tells the New York Post, "Ms. Rice is a consummate classical pianist and since I sing the arias, I thought that we could do something - a bipartisan effort for our favorite charities."
The Mann Center's website says former Secretary of State Rice will accompany Franklin on piano for "Say A Little Prayer", "Natural Woman", selections from Mozart and more. The gig is aimed to benefit for programs that support inner city children and its own education initiatives.
- Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts Are Separating After 11 Years Together
- James Corden, Rose Byrne, Daisy Ridley Tapped for Peter Rabbit Movie
- Tom Hanks Crashes Wedding Photo Shoot at Central Park
- Lil Wayne Officiated Same-Sex Wedding in Prison, Found Out Drake Slept With His Girlfriend
- Amy Schumer Snogs Ben Hanisch on Kiss Cam During Mets Game
- Oh Boy! Harry Styles Rocks Three Different Looks for Another Man Magazine
- Taylor Lautner Says Britney Spears Tried to Set Him Up With Her Sister Jamie Lynn
- Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie Do Have a Pre-Nup. So, Who's the Big Winner?