Aretha Franklin to Duet With Condoleezza Rice for Charity Concert
Aretha Franklin is teaming up with an unusual collaborator at an upcoming show - former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. The "Respect" hitmaker will join forces with her politician pal, who is a classically trained pianist, for a charity concert in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania next month, July 27.
The gig will incorporate some of Franklin's biggest hits as well as a number of opera tracks - and the singer can't wait for the special show. She tells the New York Post, "Ms. Rice is a consummate classical pianist and since I sing the arias, I thought that we could do something - a bipartisan effort for our favorite charities."
The Mann Center's website says former Secretary of State Rice will accompany Franklin on piano for "Say A Little Prayer", "Natural Woman", selections from Mozart and more. The gig is aimed to benefit for programs that support inner city children and its own education initiatives.
More Aretha Franklin News
- Calvin Harris Won't Date Another Celebrity Thanks to 'Narcissist' Taylor Swift
- Fans Petition 'Star Wars' to Include First Gay Character to Honor Orlando Victims
- Get to Know More About 'The Walking Dead' Villain Negan! His Backstory Is Revealed in Comics
- Rihanna Shares 'Saucy' Video of Her Crotch
- Paris Hilton Likes a Shady Meme to Remind Kanye West She Made Kim Kardashian Famous
- Dwayne Johnson Shares New Picture From 'Fast and Furious 8' Set
- Calvin Harris Also Moves On - The DJ Is Surrounded by Sexy Ladies on a Yacht
- Video: Prince Harry Joins Coldplay Onstage During Kensington Palace Concert