Aretha Franklin to Duet With Condoleezza Rice for Charity Concert
Aretha Franklin is teaming up with an unusual collaborator at an upcoming show - former U.S. Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice. The "Respect" hitmaker will join forces with her politician pal, who is a classically trained pianist, for a charity concert in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania next month, July 27.
The gig will incorporate some of Franklin's biggest hits as well as a number of opera tracks - and the singer can't wait for the special show. She tells the New York Post, "Ms. Rice is a consummate classical pianist and since I sing the arias, I thought that we could do something - a bipartisan effort for our favorite charities."
The Mann Center's website says former Secretary of State Rice will accompany Franklin on piano for "Say A Little Prayer", "Natural Woman", selections from Mozart and more. The gig is aimed to benefit for programs that support inner city children and its own education initiatives.
- DJ Khaled and Fiancee Nicole Tuck Welcome Baby Boy
- Benedict Cumberbatch and Solange Knowles Set to Make 'SNL' Debut
- Britney Spears Almost Flashes Her Breasts During On-Stage Wardrobe Malfunction
- 'Jessica Jones' Season 2 Will Be Directed Entirely by Women
- Taylor Swift Sings Calvin Harris' Song During Her Return to Stage at Formula 1 Concert
- Miley Cyrus and Katy Perry Go Door to Door for Hillary Clinton at College Dorms
- Watch: Lady GaGa Performs 'Joanne' Songs on 'SNL'
- Tom Hanks Plays 'Black Jeopardy' as Donald Trump's Supporter on 'SNL'