Bobcat Goldthwait Turning The Kinks' Album Into a Movie
Former "Police Academy" star Bobcat Goldthwait is turning The Kinks' "The Kinks Present Schoolboys in Disgrace" album into a new movie. The madcap star, who directed Robin Williams' dark comedy "Dad of the Year", has written a script inspired by the British band's 1976 album, which he lists among his favorites.
The Kinks' Ray Davies will executive produce the film project. No cast details have been released, but the stars will have to be able to sing - they'll re-record the album songs for the soundtrack.
Goldthwait tells The Hollywood Reporter, " 'Schoolboys in Disgrace' is a story that any kid who has felt that they are not being treated fairly can relate to, all set to some of the greatest rock songs you'll ever hear."
- 'Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2' Toys Reveal First Look at Kurt Russell's Ego
- Will Kanye West Perform at Pal Donald Trump's Inauguration?
- Fergie Who? Nicole Scherzinger to Replace the Singer in Black Eyed Peas
- Tupac Shakur Biopic 'All Eyez on Me' Is Set to Be Released in Summer
- Kendall Jenner and A$AP Rocky Reignite Dating Rumors After Seen Shopping Together
- Ariana Grande Criticized for Claiming She's the 'Hardest Working 23-Year-Old' on Earth
- Lady GaGa Teases Super Bowl Performance in New Behind-the-Scenes Video
- 'Game of Thrones' Latest Tidbit Reveals This Character's Unlikely Return in Season 7