Bobcat Goldthwait Turning The Kinks' Album Into a Movie
Former "Police Academy" star Bobcat Goldthwait is turning The Kinks' "The Kinks Present Schoolboys in Disgrace" album into a new movie. The madcap star, who directed Robin Williams' dark comedy "Dad of the Year", has written a script inspired by the British band's 1976 album, which he lists among his favorites.
The Kinks' Ray Davies will executive produce the film project. No cast details have been released, but the stars will have to be able to sing - they'll re-record the album songs for the soundtrack.
Goldthwait tells The Hollywood Reporter, " 'Schoolboys in Disgrace' is a story that any kid who has felt that they are not being treated fairly can relate to, all set to some of the greatest rock songs you'll ever hear."
- Comic-Con: 'Game of Thrones' Teases Season 7 With Production Video
- 'Kong: Skull Island' Poster Reveals First Look at the Beastly King
- Amber Rose Defends Kanye West Amid Taylor Swift Feud, but Begs Him to 'Stay out of the News'
- Comic-Con: Check Out 'The Walking Dead' Season 7 and 'Fear the Walking Dead' Season 2B Trailers
- 'The Bachelor' Star Chris Soules' Ex Whitney Bischoff Is Engaged Again
- Comic-Con: 'Scream Queens' Stars Share Details of Season 2, Colton Haynes' Cast in Mystery Role
- Dakota Johnson Channels 'Fifty Shades' Character in This Provocative Photo
- Celine Dion Slays Her Impressions of Rihanna, Cher and Sia on 'Tonight Show'