Bobcat Goldthwait Turning The Kinks' Album Into a Movie
Former "Police Academy" star Bobcat Goldthwait is turning The Kinks' "The Kinks Present Schoolboys in Disgrace" album into a new movie. The madcap star, who directed Robin Williams' dark comedy "Dad of the Year", has written a script inspired by the British band's 1976 album, which he lists among his favorites.
The Kinks' Ray Davies will executive produce the film project. No cast details have been released, but the stars will have to be able to sing - they'll re-record the album songs for the soundtrack.
Goldthwait tells The Hollywood Reporter, " 'Schoolboys in Disgrace' is a story that any kid who has felt that they are not being treated fairly can relate to, all set to some of the greatest rock songs you'll ever hear."
- James Harden's Signature Shoes Are So Bad That People Make Fun of Them. Read the Funny Ones
- Mariah Carey Threw James Packer's Laptop Out the Window After He Played a Beyonce Song
- Ariana Grande Is Sued Over 'One Last Time', Previews New Music Video Ft. Nicki Minaj
- New Set Pics Hint at 'Transformers: The Last Knight' 's Connection With Arthurian Mythology
- Ariana Grande and Mac Miller Haven't Put a Label on Relationship Even After Caught Kissing
- Justin Timberlake, Gwen Stefani, Ariana Grande and More Featured in 'Trolls' Soundtrack Album
- Naya Rivera Reveals She Got Pregnant and Had an Abortion When She Was on 'Glee'
- 'Bachelor in Paradise' Recap: A Man Gets His Heart Broken and Leaves