Bobcat Goldthwait Turning The Kinks' Album Into a Movie
Former "Police Academy" star Bobcat Goldthwait is turning The Kinks' "The Kinks Present Schoolboys in Disgrace" album into a new movie. The madcap star, who directed Robin Williams' dark comedy "Dad of the Year", has written a script inspired by the British band's 1976 album, which he lists among his favorites.
The Kinks' Ray Davies will executive produce the film project. No cast details have been released, but the stars will have to be able to sing - they'll re-record the album songs for the soundtrack.
Goldthwait tells The Hollywood Reporter, " 'Schoolboys in Disgrace' is a story that any kid who has felt that they are not being treated fairly can relate to, all set to some of the greatest rock songs you'll ever hear."
- Steven Tyler Confirms Aerosmith's 2017 Farewell Tour
- 'Rogue One' Releases More New Photos. Also Get Detail of Mon Mothma's Bigger Role
- Taylor Swift Flies to U.K. to Meet Tom Hiddleston's Mom. See Picture of Their Happy Outing
- 'Game of Thrones' Season Finale Won't Slow Down the Pace, People Will Die
- Audrina Patridge and Fiance Welcome Baby Girl Kirra Max
- Getting Married? Tyga Calls Kylie Jenner His 'Wifey'
- Christina Aguilera Performs 'Change' on 'Jimmy Kimmel Live!' to Support Orlando
- Justin Bieber's Music Video Vixen Xenia Deli, 26, Marries 62-Year-Old Man in Lavish Wedding