Bobcat Goldthwait Turning The Kinks' Album Into a Movie
Former "Police Academy" star Bobcat Goldthwait is turning The Kinks' "The Kinks Present Schoolboys in Disgrace" album into a new movie. The madcap star, who directed Robin Williams' dark comedy "Dad of the Year", has written a script inspired by the British band's 1976 album, which he lists among his favorites.
The Kinks' Ray Davies will executive produce the film project. No cast details have been released, but the stars will have to be able to sing - they'll re-record the album songs for the soundtrack.
Goldthwait tells The Hollywood Reporter, " 'Schoolboys in Disgrace' is a story that any kid who has felt that they are not being treated fairly can relate to, all set to some of the greatest rock songs you'll ever hear."
- Iggy Azalea's Former Fiance Nick Young Welcomes Baby No. 2 With His Other Ex
- Felicity Jones Leads the Rebel Alliance in New 'Rogue One: A Star Wars Story' Pic
- Is Mariah Carey's 'Close Relationship' With a Male Dancer to Blame for James Packer Split?
- Charli XCX Releases 'After the Afterparty' Feat. Lil Yachty
- Calvin Harris Flirts With Halsey on Twitter
- Kanye West Plays Birthday Video for Kim and Gives Her Shout-Out During 'Saint Pablo' Show
- Get Your First Look at Tessa Thompson as Valkyrie on 'Thor: Ragnarok' Set
- Madonna Lets Photographer Grab Her Crotch During Party. See the Pics!